Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 3GN Points Matches?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say anything about the Texas Multigun. I said Larue is out of the 3 Gun Matches. You can think whatever you want. Free country.

You did say Texas Multigun. You said " The Larue Match had risen to be be in the top two or three matches to shoot, and it's gone." and that is incorrect. Texas Multigun is the match that was formerly sponsored by Larue. Now if your comment was that Larue took their money out of 3 Gun that is more accurate. I don't see what 3GB would have to do with that. I guarantee you that Larue has sold more OBRs and PredatARs because of their involvement with 3 gun than they ever would have without it. I bet that the Marks might find themselves wanting back in the game when that purchasing momentum comes to a halt. As an RO at the multigun I can tell you that there was an amazing number of Larue guns being used when you consider their cost and lead time, as well as all the other options on the market.....

There were Larue 3 Gun Matches before Texas Multigun was put on the label. There were 5 Larue rifles out of around 4-500 rifles shot at the Texas Larue Multigun last year. Like I said it's a free country, you can think what you want. If I had to pick a rifle to go into battle with, it would be a Larue OBR. For 3 Gun, not so much. Good luck to you.

There were Larue 3 Gun Matches before Texas Multigun was put on the label. There were 5 Larue rifles out of around 4-500 rifles shot at the Texas Larue Multigun last year. Like I said it's a free country, you can think what you want. If I had to pick a rifle to go into battle with, it would be a Larue OBR. For 3 Gun, not so much. Good luck to you.

I don't know what match you were at, but I was an RO on a heavy rifle stage at the match last year and I bet at least 25% of the guns at the match were Larue guns.. Where you get 5 from is ridiculous..... I know I shot an OBR 5.56 and I saw a ton of OBR 5.56 and PredatARs in the match. And you are right, there were 2 Larue Matches before TX Multigun took them over.

Soooo anyway....how about those point matches? anyone?

I don't think you are going to get an answer on that Nick. If the guys at 3GN actually used these forums they might not have scheduled their goddamn pro matches on the same weekend as existing previously scheduled outlaw matches.

Edited by BigLucky

I don't know what match you were at, but I was an RO on a heavy rifle stage at the match last year and I bet at least 25% of the guns at the match were Larue guns.. Where you get 5 from is ridiculous..... I know I shot an OBR 5.56 and I saw a ton of OBR 5.56 and PredatARs in the match. And you are right, there were 2 Larue Matches before TX Multigun took them over.

Soooo anyway....how about those point matches? anyone?

I don't think you are going to get an answer on that Nick. If the guys at 3GN actually used these forums they might not have scheduled their goddamn pro matches on the same weekend as existing previously scheduled outlaw matches.

That just means better finishes for the rest of us :)

The 3GN site still shows the 2012 list of matches. Assuming that the same matches will pay points, plus some other matches that have announced that they will be point matches (like Task Force Dagger).... it is looking like 2013 might have more matches and therefore a better chance for people to get the needed scores in or replace a bad score.

3GN site has been updated, check it out.

2013 3GN Partner Matches

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun

SureFire Texas Multigun Championship

USPSA Multigun Nationals

Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge

Midwest 3-Gun Championship

MGM Ironman

Task Force Dagger/AIM 3-Gun Championship

Northwest Multigun Challenge

JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro Am 3-Gun Championship

Ozark 3-Gun Championship

FNH USA 3-Gun Championship

Fallen Brethren 3-Gun Challenge

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun

3GN International Multigun, Presented by Rockcastle Shooting Center

And I just finished getting my Heavy Metal Optics setup going... oh well... still they are still going over final touches on the rest of the rule sets, maybe they'll allow shooters in semi-pro to be allowed to sign up in divisional points race as well instead of just one series. Seem only fitting if they have both Pro and Semi-Pro shooting only TO (granted Pro have they're own matches), but I can only see that these matches (depending on the amount registering on 3GN) there will be a influx of shooters into TO drawing from other divisions and I would hate to see only a small handfull of shooters in like Open, Tac-Irons/Limited, HM almost down to nothing as they are, in essace (again if shooting for 3GN points/semi-pro) stuck in shooting TO. But thats only speculation and I can see both sides of the argument.

My two cents on that, but even still, that is ALOT of matches in 3GN now, no excuse for me to at least get to half dozen or more, heck 3 at Rockcastle... awesome.

Edited by KTKlaus

One of the new rule changes for 2013:

"in 2013 3GN Semi-Pro competitors must shoot Tactical Optics in order to earn 3GN Semi-Pro points"

Well, that settles it for me then, no need to worry about semi-pro next season either... Guess I'll be shooting amateur (which is probably where I belong anyway) :)

Edited by gose

"in 2013 3GN Semi-Pro competitors must shoot Tactical Optics in order to earn 3GN Semi-Pro points"

EPIC Fail. I guess I will just sign up for divisional. I hope this doesn't goat screw the other divisions though. Hate to think that nobody will be shooting Open or Heavy because 3GN wants everyone to shoot TO. Sucks too, because you can't sign up for divisional and amateur, just divisional and semi-pro.. how f*#king stupid is that.

EPIC Fail. I guess I will just sign up for divisional. I hope this doesn't goat screw the other divisions though. Hate to think that nobody will be shooting Open or Heavy because 3GN wants everyone to shoot TO. Sucks too, because you can't sign up for divisional and amateur, just divisional and semi-pro.. how f*#king stupid is that.

I doubt it will affect Open much, but Heavy and TI might get hit a little since that was a fairly small jump from TO if you wanted easier points. Also, if you were good enough to aim to make it into Pro, you'd probably want to be shooting something closer to TO, since that's what youd be shooting next season ;)

Edited by gose

"Rules for all 3GN Series are currently being updated, and prize programs for next season’s races are being developed. Additional announcements pertaining to rules, prizes and qualification to Shoot-Offs and the 2014 Pro Series Qualifier will be coming soon."

Don't jump the gun (stupid pun intended) too early. If it is true and once its published and its official, then let the hate rant begin... I know it would hurt me as I was planning on shooting HM/O or TI/Limited as I just got those setups going. And the same kind of rants were going on at the end of the last season when they implemented the different series. But I do have to say they need to get things straight and soon, three years and three different sets of rules. Still I do kind of view it as "open beta", but when spending almost 1k+ per match (fees, gas, lodging, ammo), not to include equipment, its kind of hurting a bit (speaking from a non-sponsored shooter view). TV and sponsors aside, will this effect prize tables?... idk, we'll see but if... "IF" it makes the other divisions smaller at matches, you can see the shifting of where the prizes go to accommodate, which might irk a few people.

Edited by KTKlaus

"Rules for all 3GN Series are currently being updated, and prize programs for next season’s races are being developed. Additional announcements pertaining to rules, prizes and qualification to Shoot-Offs and the 2014 Pro Series Qualifier will be coming soon."

Don't jump the gun (stupid pun intended) too early. If it is true and once its published and its official, then let the hate rant begin... I know it would hurt me as I was planning on shooting HM/O or TI/Limited as I just got those setups going. And the same kind of rants were going on at the end of the last season when they implemented the different series. But I do have to say they need to get things straight and soon, three years and three different sets of rules. Still I do kind of view it as "open beta", but when spending almost 1k+ per match (fees, gas, lodging, ammo), not to include equipment, its kind of hurting a bit (speaking from a non-sponsored shooter view). TV and sponsors aside, will this effect prize tables?... idk, we'll see but if... "IF" it makes the other divisions smaller at matches, you can see the shifting of where the prizes go to accommodate, which might irk a few people.

The good part is that they learn and adapt, rather than sticking to something that doesnt seem to work out of principle. Communication of those changes could definitely improve though, as could the web site.

I don't see why they don't want people shooting semi/Am and the divisional. Other than the extra work in keeping track of points it doesn't do anythink to 3GN. Plus it would keep the smaller divisions rolling and it keeps chances for sponsors of "non TO" gear some more exposure.

There are 15 matches participating. You could shoot every division and get 3 scores if you had the balls to do so.

At this point the 3GN train is bigger than any one of us. Either get on the bus or walk to school. Ill be racking up Pro Series points in 4/5 pro matches. And ill get 3 scores in HO, HI, and Open just to prove to my myself which is more fun.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

There are 15 matches participating. You could shoot every division and get 3 scores if you had the balls to do so.

At this point the 3GN train is bigger than any one of us. Either get on the bus or walk to school. Ill be racking up Pro Series points in 4/5 pro matches. And ill get 3 scores in HO, HI, and Open just to price to my myself which is more fun.

I want to be Jesse when I grow up.. and maybe Nick in the interim, I get to shoot 5 maybe 6 big matches next year tops..... Gonna shoot them all in Open, see what kind of scores I can shoot against Jerry, and have a shit ton of fun... :)

I have an IQ about 72. This thing is not clear. Even Forest Gump could not figure this out. What difference does it make what semi-pro division you shoot, at long as you get three scores in? I want to shoot a couple limited, I want to shoot a couple Tac-Ops-why 3 all of one kind? 3GN combines them all at the end anyway. 3GN software or however they figure out standings is simplistic and makes unusual assumptions numerically. Website should be updated everyday. I'm going to shoot matches I like; including some shotgun and pistol. 3 GN acts like the world revolves around it. The world revolves around USPSA pistol shooting. Too many conflicted dates. And that's all I have to say about that.

At this point the 3GN train is bigger than any one of us. Either get on the bus or walk to school. Ill be racking up Pro Series points in 4/5 pro matches. And ill get 3 scores in HO, HI, and Open just to price to my myself which is more fun.

Do ovaries count? Aggressive telling anyone else how to do it is comical. Shoot your matches. Balls have nothing to do with it. You used to be a nice guy.