Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spook is doing pretty well at EC

whizz

It depends. I don't have a regime/routine actually. I just have my gun laying round the house and kind of take it with me throught the house where ever I go. Whn I'm on the phone I do some High ready presentations for instance. Or when I'm watching TV I do my draws. When I listen to the radio I do reloads, stuff like that. All-inj I think I spend close to 8 hours a week with an empty revolver in my hand. Give or take a little.

I just have my gun laying round the house and kind of take it with me throught the house where ever I go. Whn I'm on the phone I do some High ready presentations for instance. Or when I'm watching TV I do my draws. When I listen to the radio I do reloads, stuff like that. All-inj I think I spend close to 8 hours a week with an empty revolver in my hand. Give or take a little.

Fantastic ! 8 hours dryfire in a week in various place.

How many revolver you have ? And what dummy ammo you use in reloading practice ?

I have two revolvers. I use only one. I bought the other one as my "soon to be main gun" (but I said that 2 years ago when I bought it :) ). They're both 625's. I use regular dummy rounds (reload them on my press without primers and powder).

I practice my draws on various idiots on TV ;) But mostly on my miniature targets on the wall.

Haha, yeah I thought I'd better help the guy ;) (he won the whole thing BTW)

Boy that was my first shootoff and I got the audiance to laugh AT me! :D

I was nervous as hell (and I knew I wasn't going to make it through because I'm almost never nervous when I shoot)

Saul Kirsch and Ralf K. Jensen both gave me great advice like "watch your own steel and you'll be fast enough" "just hit the poppers and don't worry about the time" etc etc.

Well I was standing there all nervous and when the timer buzzed, I had a good and deliberately slow run on the first 5 poppers. After the reload, I just brought the gun up and yanked a shot at the stop popper (which was 20 yds out) and I saw that his popper was falling immediately after I saw that my rear sight notch was empty! :D

I tried to fix it but it was too late :( Ah at least I brought smiles to peoples faces :D:P

I think I'm going to write a thread about this in "Little things I've noticed". It seems that all the things I messed up at the Europeans were stages I thought I could really burn down, you know. Like 4 shots on 5yd. targets, move to the next position and anoher 4 shots at close targets etc. Whenever my focus was on something else than punching holes in the A-zone, I messed up.

• 3 weeks later...
I have some sponsorship now (I got 10.000 .45 bullets for free) but that will not cover the expenses of those trips  I love shooting revolver in IPSC, but obviously it is looked at differently (just like Modified).

I think if I would beat Jerry Miculek in the World Shoot, I might get some good deals. So guess what my next goal is 

SPOOK, if I won a level4 match. I will start create my own website. This will be centre between you, sponsors, your fans and customers.

I think you can post that who promote 10.000 .45acp bullets for you in this forum. They are a part of your win.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to see the way Spook shot his match at the EC2004, his shoot-off and the ceremony you can order the DVD EC2004 part one Standard/ Production/ Revolver Dutch Competitors.

Because I only deliver the DVD to members of the IPSC you must ask your RD to order it at the Dutch RD, he will confirm you are a legitimate member of the IPSC. After this little procedure I will sent an e-mail with the confirmation and the way of payment.

The price of the DVD is € 8,= and includes two DVD with the opening, pictures, stages, pricegiving and the results of the Dutch compitors in Standard/ Production/ Revolver Division.

Part two is about the EC2004 Dutch open Division and Saul Kirsch added at same price. The two parts together are € 16,=.