Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My latest trip -- Los Angeles/Piru, CA

Never been to that part of California before. While it certainly has it's charms, when the wind gets up to about 25-35 mph, the air carries a considerable amount of weight (as in...soil). Reminded me of western Oklahoma in that regard but the breeze was at least brown instead of red. Those folks seriously need some rain. Still, the people are nice as you could ask for and the local food was fantastic. I enjoyed some amazing Mexican food and some local pizza that make me want to return right now.

The man is a legend in our sport, and well known, but it was my first chance to finally meet Mike Dalton. Working with him to produce a match over the weekend, while chatting about guns and shooters and shooting and things we all love in general, was a special treat for me. Mike's an incredible man, and a gentleman, with a lifetime of experiences most of us can only wonder at. I first became aware of some of his exploits and the rest of the SWPL (Southwest Pistol League) in the very early-80s, back when American Handgunner still reported on real shooting. Their warts and blemishes today aside, it was a helluva publication ran by knowledgeable and experienced shooters. I still have a large collection of issues that probably will wind up in a trash pile or a burn barrel by family members who won't appreciate the content.

I was also able to meet Itchy and some other forum members, and I hope they'll have me back next year if my schedule permits.