Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What can I get for an Open gun in CA?

What can I get for a double stack 38 super open gun in CA? Or am I better off embarking on a project?

I'm startin to burn out on Cowboy (although cash prizes in Western 3 Gun are very appealing) and want to play some other games with an Open gun.

And thoughts?

Thanks!

Joel Shapiro

It is possible to find frames and get guns built in CA. There are also some "pre-owned" Open guns for sale.

Just be prepared to pay twice what you would in any other state :angry: and you can only do so via PPT.

I suppose the other option would be an open Glock. I understand some people like them :P

Oh and you can only use those hi-cap mags that you purchased (and stored in case you needed them one day) before the stupidity that is called state law was passed.

Good luck,

Kevin

If you want to start new, I know SVI will do this for Limited guns, for OPen, it might be the same. They''ll sell you a 45 (that's ok in Calif), then you send it back for some tweaking... then you have a brand new pistol in whatever caliber you want.

Call Tami for sure... I've heard now it's a 6-8 month wait.

You have to search around. The USPSA classifieds are a good place to start. I found an Open gun there. People occationally advertize frames too. Calguns.net is another good place to look.

There's one Open gun for sale at the moment on http://www.tasc-ipsc.org/ classifieds.

There's no easy way to get an Open gun in CA ... but it is possible. There are other people on this forum that sometimes have frames to sell too.

Good luck,

Kevin