Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a x5 .40 cal slide

IceCold4x4

Here's my question I have a X5 Tactical in 9mm. Could I buy a X5 slide in .40 cal and then mags and run that on my frame? Next question could I even manage to buy just the Slide? (barrel, and recoil assembly included) From SIG?

THis is from the Bar-Sto Website

"9mm for the 40/357 available . Must specify 9mm conversion or 9mm for a 9mm firearm . Can only go from 40/357 to 9mm CANNOT go from 9mm up to 40/357 !! Sig X5 barrels also available, just state that it is for the X5 in the comments section of your order.""

Woulda been nice to just get a barrel huh?

I am guessing you can put a 40 top end on it no problem but it may need to be fitting by a gunsmith. May not be the easiest thing in the world to find lol.

I know the top ends can be swapped around as long as they are the newer style version. The old stamped west German slides are too tight.

My main concern is shooting 40 major on the alloy frame of the x5 as they don't sell a .40 cal version.

SIG at one time offered the X5 Tactical in 40. They had an issue with frames cracking.

Technically the 40S&W version is still available however you will have to have it imported since SIG US will no longer import them.In Europe the X5 Tactical is called the X5 SO.

Good luck finding just a slide. Unless you find someone with a junked frame that will sell you their slide you maybe out of luck.

Here's my question I have a X5 Tactical in 9mm. Could I buy a X5 slide in .40 cal and then mags and run that on my frame? Next question could I even manage to buy just the Slide? (barrel, and recoil assembly included) From SIG?

THis is from the Bar-Sto Website

"9mm for the 40/357 available . Must specify 9mm conversion or 9mm for a 9mm firearm . Can only go from 40/357 to 9mm CANNOT go from 9mm up to 40/357 !! Sig X5 barrels also available, just state that it is for the X5 in the comments section of your order.""

Woulda been nice to just get a barrel huh?

I am guessing you can put a 40 top end on it no problem but it may need to be fitting by a gunsmith. May not be the easiest thing in the world to find lol.

Correct, you can go from 40 to 9 but not the other way around, they may make a 5" conversion barrel by custom order.

so to answer your question, what you are trying to do will be difficult and parts hard to find.

You could in theory get a slide and barrel in .40, but there might be fit issues. If you already had a .40, you could get a 9mm barrel to replace the .40 barrel; effectively running both calibers. But, there isn't a drop-in barrel to go from 9mm to .40 without getting a new slide (that I know of).