Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you install CR Speed magazine carriers?

Cy Soto

Brute force and ignorance worked best for me. roflol.gif

The DAA belts are a little bigger than CR Speeds so they are always harder to get on. There are multiple threads on here about it. Just keep pushing and pulling!!

:roflol:

Beat me to it. I was about to say "with a bigger hammer"

Brute force and ignorance worked best for me. roflol.gif

The DAA belts are a little bigger than CR Speeds so they are always harder to get on. There are multiple threads on here about it. Just keep pushing and pulling!!

I was going to set this belt up for Production but I now think that I might set it up for Open (just so I only need to put one extra carrier on it).

All kidding aside, I have been pushing and pulling on this thing for the better part of the last hour and I still have another foot of belt to make it through... :wacko:

Have you tried a bit of lube? It helps.

Not yet but I am about to dip this belt in a tub of Vaseline.

Sometimes a little bit of soap will help; it washes off better.

Sounds crazy but....do you have a vise? Might help locking the pouch or an end of the belt in place

It took me the better part of the day but the carriers are finally on the belt. Only the first five were difficult to install! :roflol:

Thanks all for the tips. If I ever decide to switch Divisions or if I need a new setup in the future, I know now that soap is my friend.