Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Classifier Confusion

D-Lo

I have several questions regarding the stages and/or stage descriptions of the new classifiers:

CM 03-01 – Are all “standard plastic barrels” of the same height and diameter or does this need to be specified? (Different sized barrels will change the course of fire from one setup to the next.)

CM 03-04 – Is the imprinted “A” on targets manufactured by the various approved producers in the same place on all targets? Is that a part of the official IPSC specification? (I have never seen the location of the imprinted letter used as a reference before.)

CM 03-06 – Same as CM 03-01 regarding the barrel size.

CM 03-08 – The description of the setup with regard to the no-shoots is unclear. Specifically, “No-shoot between T3 and T4 is set to the edge of the C zones on T2 and T3.” Why the mention of T2 if it is describing the no-shoot between T3 and T4? In addition, the part of the description that is clear does not match the diagram. While the description says “No-shoot between T5 and T6 is set to the edge of the C zones on T5 and T6,” the diagram clearly depicts the no-shoot set to the edge of the A zone on T5. Likewise, while the description says the middle no-shoots are set to the edge of the A zone, they are clearly set to the C zone on T3 and T5 in the diagram.

CM 03-12 – How far behind PP2 and PP3 are the no-shoots? Are they directly behind (straight downrange) or behind as viewed from the shooting positions?

CM 03-13 – How do these swingers swing? What is the diameter of the swing? What about the pace? Are there official IPSC swingers that must be used? No two swingers swing the same that I have seen so how can a stage with swingers be consistent enough from setup to setup to be a classifier/

CM 03-16 – The description of the cigar box dimensions appears to be buggered up. It seems that the box should be 18-inches deep with a 20-inch deep top to create the 2-inch overhang on front. But the description says that the top is 20-inches wide.

CM 03-17 – What is the size and, more importantly, location of the “rug” on each side of the table?

Is it just me or does any of the above bother anyone else?

I think you should forward these observations to your area director for board consideration.

Dale, agreed (especially on the swinger issue).

The one thing I will add is it seems that there is a great deal of confusion as to whether the NEW classifiers are being counted by Sedro. We shot one of the new classifiers last weekend. Since I have spoken with Sedro a couple of times on this subject, following is my understanding......

The new CM 03-XX Classifiers ARE being accepted by Sedro. The problem is that they are not supported in EzWinScore until the 3.X release comes out. That means that we have to submit these classifiers MANUALLY (via snail mail) until EzWinScore 3.X is released to the clubs.

I have NO official capacity or voice for USPSA, so if I somehow misunderstood this, one of the Area Directors (or other all-knowing individuals needs to correct me)..... ;)

My understanding is they are accepted, just not supported at this moment. I have it on good authority the new program is being tested and looking good. So maybe not too much longer.

As to the list of questions, that falls more into the Direcor of NROI shooting bag, than the AD's.

That is my story and I'm sticking too it B)

My understanding is they are accepted, just not supported at this moment.

When you say 'accepted' I agree. The part about 'just not supported' seems to be aimed at EzWinScore support. At least that is MY assumption.... :huh::huh::huh:

I guess we will find out around the 16th of next month. I have already shot and submitted five of the new classifiers. As for the "cigar box", the dimensions are confusing, but turn the box 90 degrees and lo and behold, the box is 12 inches high, 12 inches wide, 18 inches deep (front to back), with a 12 by 20 inch lid over hanging two inches in the front.

The one thing I will add is it seems that there is a great deal of confusion as to whether the NEW classifiers are being counted by Sedro. We shot one of the new classifiers last weekend.

My vote, as if I had one, would definitely be to not count the classifier I completly bungled last weekend. Having to do a mandatory reload from the ground, while it may be indicative of my normal shooting ability, is still embarrasing! Must have been distracted by shooting a 'new' classifier.... :(

My vote, as if I had one, would definitely be to not count the classifier I completly bungled last weekend.  Having to do a mandatory reload from the ground, while it may be indicative of my normal shooting ability, is still embarrasing!  Must have been distracted by shooting a 'new' classifier.... :(

Hmmm, I am not sure where it called out that 'speed UNLOAD' you did.... :lol::lol::lol: