Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Weight Reduction

kneelingatlas

I'm interested in how light some of your slides are and if anyone has run into problems making their slide too light? I shoot a CZ Tactical Sport .40 in Limited, but I'm building a 9mm open upper for it. I know the CZs use an inertia firing pin (the pin doesn't touch the hammer and primer at the same time, but is carried by inertia into it) so if slide velocity is too high the FP will strike primers as the slide slams closed, but I have know idea if that's the case with 2011s. Anyone care to shed some light on the subject?

Does anyone know the slide weight of their Open gun? Limited?

I've asked some guys in my local club and they all seem generally annoyed that I expect them to know anything about their guns; they have all had them professionally built and send them off when there's something wrong. Am I that unique it the sense that the technical side is so appealing to me?

After paying $$$ to remove weight from my Open gun I ended up putting a little bit of weight back in and find that I shoot it better. probably still gotta work on loads. Just be careful about going too light on the slide lightening. FYI Open gun slide weight is 10.8 oz. bare.