Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals

hopalong

Your choice, Mark. But now you have me curious:

Have you ever shot a USPSA Nationals in any division at any location?

Have you ever shot a USPSA area match in any division at any location?

Has nothing to do with the matches or gun laws. Yes, I have shot and RO'd Nationals.

Huh, that's weird. I clicked on your shooter number link and your classifiers don't show any participation at any USPSA Nationals. So what year(s) did you shoot Nats?

The reason I bring it up is not necessarily to single you out. There just seem to be a lot of people on the internet recently who are quick to complain about a particular shooting venue for a major match, but then it turns out they wouldn't shoot the match regardless of where it happened to be held!

Huh, that's weird. I clicked on your shooter number link and your classifiers don't show any participation at any USPSA Nationals. So what year(s) did you shoot Nats?

The reason I bring it up is not necessarily to single you out. There just seem to be a lot of people on the internet recently who are quick to complain about a particular shooting venue for a major match, but then it turns out they wouldn't shoot the match regardless of where it happened to be held!

You don't get a classifier score for working Nationals and you don't get a classifier score for shooting Multi-Gun Nationals. I dropped my USPSA membership in 1995 and rejoined in 1999 (sorry, but had to finish school) so my prior scores went away. Your assumptions are inaccurate and way off the topic. Feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this discussion. I plan to be at Vegas, OK and Utah Nationals in some capacity in 2013.

Not to get political, but I am sure the anti-gunners are happy when they hear shooters won't show up to their state.

I go so they can't get that satisfaction from me.

(I do respect other's points of view on the topic.)

even better when you can carry in their anti-gun state....

gotta love HR-218

Your choice, Mark. But now you have me curious:

Have you ever shot a USPSA Nationals in any division at any location?

Have you ever shot a USPSA area match in any division at any location?

Has nothing to do with the matches or gun laws. Yes, I have shot and RO'd Nationals.

Perhaps you could illuminate us all on what qualifications are necessary to post on subjects in which you participate and what proof is necessary to back those qualifications.

Perhaps you could illuminate us all on what qualifications are necessary to post on subjects in which you participate and what proof is necessary to back those qualifications.

As a general rule, I think forum posts carry far more weight when they come from a position of actual hands-on experience, and personal investment of time and money in the subject being discussed.

I think that the county where PASA Park is located is about as pro-gun as you could wish for.

The county doesn't override state law. Everytime I traveled into Illinois I cringed when I saw a cop car. I had to double check my hip to verify my carry gun was not there. I could and did carry in the surrounding states.

I think that the county where PASA Park is located is about as pro-gun as you could wish for.

The county doesn't override state law. Everytime I traveled into Illinois I cringed when I saw a cop car. I had to double check my hip to verify my carry gun was not there. I could and did carry in the surrounding states.

Interesting enough, I believe that a few of the counties (state prosecutors) are openly on record as NOT enforcing/prosecuting the state law that bans carry. Not sure if they are Pike & Adams...

Interesting enough, I believe that a couple of the counties are openly on record as NOT enforcing that state law. Not sure if they are Pike & Adams, but I do recall they were in that corner of the state.

Of course, I'd rather not bet 10 years of my life against that.