Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Troy Vtac Alpha rail QD Sling Attachments

rugerp89ipsc

Hey guys, I have a work rifle set up with a Troy Vtac Alpha Rail and am looking to set up/install a QD sling attachment that is not the long section of rail that comes with the handguards.

While working the FB3G, I saw several different set ups; however, after the beat down of running up and down a hill all day, I can't for the life of me remember what folks were using. Possible a PRI QD sling attachment? Any suggestions or if anyone can show/tell me what they are running that would be a great help. I need to be able to run a sling, preferably closer to the barrel nut, but do not want to deal with the long rail that comes with the hand guard.

Impact weapons components has a really small lightweight qd sling attachment device, smaller and lighter than the Samson. Believe they make a version to work with most hand guards on the market. My rainier eve came with the Samson device and I like the iwc device more, but either one would suit your needs.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-mount-n-slot-for-jpi-inc-viking-tactics-inc-vtac/

Mark

Edited by mpom

Noveske builds there's to fit in the holes on the alphas.

This is what I use http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=trxqd&cat=165&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Super low profile. You won't even know its there.

Just saw its for the VTAC... Might be able to drill a set of holes in the slots to make the noveske work???

Edited by landshark45

Ended up going with the Impact Weapons mount. I'll let you know when it gets here. Called them and spoke to them on the phone a bit. Not only did they make sure I ordered the right one for my rail, they got me free shipping. So pretty pleased. Thanks for all the help guys.