Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SKB Shotguns

gunner40sw

I have never owned a SKB but several people I know shoot them well with no issues noted. It would be hard to beat a Browning OU for the money, though.

You may also want to consider an auto like the Browning Gold Sporting Clays or Beretta 391.

I have no experience with SKB, but they make some good-looking shotguns. Even though "real" trap shooters may laugh at my advice, for the money it is hard to beat a Browning Citori. Pick any model. I have never seen one break (and I have seen a whole bunch of em'). Grease the hinge pin, and oil it whenever you feel like it. They just keep on shooting.....

I was wandering around the local gun show, in the late 80's, and found a vendor that had a new in the box (made 1972) model 700 SKB single barrel trap gun.

I bought the gun for $400 under blue book and headed for the claybird range. With my 1100 I would break 16 out of 25 on a good day. Pulled the SKB out and ran 97 out of a 100.

If the gun fits, shoot it.

Kenny

• 4 weeks later...
I have no experience with SKB, but they make some good-looking shotguns. Even though "real" trap shooters may laugh at my advice, for the money it is hard to beat a Browning Citori. Pick any model. I have never seen one break (and I have seen a whole bunch of em'). Grease the hinge pin, and oil it whenever you feel like it. They just keep on shooting.....

I too will give the nod to the Browning Citori, I have been shooting skeet with a 28 gauge for years and can't seem to wear it out.

I've shot upwards of 40,000 rounds through this gun and it's still tight as new.