Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75-B as an open gun

JAB

i guess it depends what type of open gun you want to make it into, just a fun one for playing around and trying out open then you can do it cheaper than 3k for sure. barrel, comp, optic, magwell and call it a day, that should run you about 1-1.5k including gunsmith time

i wouldnt put any bets on the gun lasting very long running 9mm major through it, its not a friendly round

Edited by amish_rabbi

With a quality barrel and fitment (read proper timing), it will run better than a Czechmate and last longer for less money.

Here's the problem, no quality aftermarket threaded barrels are currently produced for it. You'll have to find a quality barrel maker than can and is willing to do a special run.

Or, you need a quality extended barrel and a good gunsmith to thread it or in some other manner attach a quality compensator to it.

Edited by Whoops!

There is a company called IGB in Austria who make a fully supported compensated barrel for a CZ.

A friend of mine has one the price was 300.euros.

There is another company making 30 round magazines.

Angus at CZ has a slide mount with racker for c-more STS sight.

I hope this helps,

Malcolm.

6" inch barrels which will fit your 75B (.501" OD) aren't easy to come by, but here's one on Ebay, which you could have threaded for a compensator. I can appreciate your spirit, I'm currently working on an Open upper for my Tactical Sport (a disadvantage for the standard 75 is the magazine capacity: 20 rounds of 9mm in a 140mm mag and maybe 26 in a big stick); keep us updated on your progress.