Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LNL AP 40 case feeder

The Hornady casefeeder in my experience is decent. Buuut, the instructions are lacking. The inserts dont always work the best with what they suggest, and some shell plates (9mm) have been known to be out of spec.

Its slightly finiky, but with some tinkering, mines been good. The heavier cases are better, .45, .40..

Just referring to some of the posts on here. Several guys say 9mm and 45 work flawless but the 40 is problematic. As I was reading I noticed they were older posts. Some around 2009. Hoping Hornady fixed those issues because I would like to add one to mine. Glad to hear you like yours.

I've had numerous issues with my case feeder and .40 only. The supplied drop tubes just do not work with .40. The small tube is too small, and the large tube is too big. I had to use some PVC and did some grinding on the drop tube parts to get it to work.

From what I hear, Hornady now has a special .40 drop tube/bushing that works like a charm. You have to call them and order it though.

My case feeder does require some tweaking every now and then, but for the most part is works quite well. I do a quick sort to pull out all deformed .40 brass, since that is typically the root of the problem of having cases stick in the drop tube.

I've had numerous issues with my case feeder and .40 only. The supplied drop tubes just do not work with .40. The small tube is too small, and the large tube is too big. I had to use some PVC and did some grinding on the drop tube parts to get it to work.

From what I hear, Hornady now has a special .40 drop tube/bushing that works like a charm. You have to call them and order it though.

Had the case feeder for a couple years now. Echo statements above. Called and they sent me the intermediate drop tube and the intermediate aluminum piece at the bottom of the drop tube for free.

I also run ALL my 40 brass through a Redding GRX push through sizer on a little single stage Lee before it gets to my LnL. Trouble free 40 and overall my LnL is trouble free. Did 600 rounds of 135PF .40 Minor 180gr with 2.94gr Clays @ 1.125" tonight as I just shot the full 8 stage Steel Challenge last Sunday, and am shooting USPSA tomorrow and Multigun on Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the large plastic tube and the small aluminum tube and it works fine. When things start getting gunked up from bullet lube on cases I can get cases sticking in the aluminum tube. I clean that without disassembling by shoving a bore brush up n down a few times, blow off any particles, and it goes back to normal fxn for another 1K or so