Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you price your Dillon stuff?

Cundiff5535

Hey gents, this is my 50th post!!! I am super excited as I can start selling in the forums soon! I want to ask you all for some help. I have sold ALOT of Dillon stuff on other forums but, I want to make sure I am pricing correctly. What is a good jump off point as to what I should price the things I am going to list soon? My biggest thing is, with the presses and gear I am going to list, its literally 4 months old... really no use and I have the boxes. I have loaded maybe 100 rounds on the stuff but, I have no idea of where to start. I was originally going to list the stuff at 90-95% of price new but, I am not sure if that is considered "unrealistic".

Since there is so much Dillon stuff that flies through here I want to ask your guys thoughts on this?

Thanks

Bc

Can you see the classified forum? If so, you can search it for Dillon equipment. The moderators keep old threads around well after the items have sold just so folks can get an idea of market value. Now that's BE market value - I've found prices here to be more reasonable than elsewhere.

Do remember, please, that the forums as a whole do not exist for the purpose of selling goods, but to exchange information. The classifieds are there as an adjunct service to contributing members who want to sell the occasional unneeded item. There ARE forum vendors, but that is a separate arrangement through BE himself.

80% would be closer here. Go ebay it and they can bring 120%. Smarter people here I guess.

That has always boggled my mind, but it does consistently occur. It's not as if Dillon equipment isn't readily available and publicly priced.

I agree that in good condition and complete, 80% +/- seems to be about the going rate.

I was originally going to list the stuff at 90-95% of price new but, I am not sure if that is considered "unrealistic".

I am pretty frugal, but... Why would I buy a used piece of gear off an unknown (or even known) source when I can get the item brand spanking new for 5-10% more?

Can you see the classified forum? If so, you can search it for Dillon equipment. The moderators keep old threads around well after the items have sold just so folks can get an idea of market value. Now that's BE market value - I've found prices here to be more reasonable than elsewhere.

Do remember, please, that the forums as a whole do not exist for the purpose of selling goods, but to exchange information. The classifieds are there as an adjunct service to contributing members who want to sell the occasional unneeded item. There ARE forum vendors, but that is a separate arrangement through BE himself.

Obviously... I am not a vendor so I am not even sure that this comment was necessary? I have, and have run up on some Dillon Presses in the past... this being a board that has a lot of Dillon fans, it only makes sense that I would want to sell them here...

I was originally going to list the stuff at 90-95% of price new but, I am not sure if that is considered "unrealistic".

I am pretty frugal, but... Why would I buy a used piece of gear off an unknown (or even known) source when I can get the item brand spanking new for 5-10% more?

As you know, even if the press was in terrible shape, even at 100.00 off the price new, you can easily sent it into Dillon and get a new press for 70.00.. So you would still be saving.

Not to mention if the items you are buying are basically like new with box, it would be a deal.

This was not really the intent of my thread though, It was simply asking what the average cost differences are or the average price savings that most people usually buy things at in the forums vs New from Dillon.

BTW, my comments are not intended to come off as a_-hole-ish!

As you know, even if the press was in terrible shape, even at 100.00 off the price new, you can easily sent it into Dillon and get a new press for 70.00.. So you would still be saving.

Well, it wouldn't really be new. It would be sent back and re-furbished. Which is fine. But, that is also waiting and having to deal with shipping.

For the $30, I could just have Dillon send me a new one...today. Right? One that I don't have to guess if it has been messed with or if all the parts have been dumped in the box. One that I don't have to ship and wait, if it needs something.

The fact that it is a Dillon is what lets people get up to 80% of the cost of new...sometimes.

I get peace of mind buying new. And, the known backing from the reputation of an established company. Along that same line, I might buy with a bit more confidence from the 3 guys that have posted on this thread already...because I "know" them. You might get a bit more resistance, since you are kinda new...50 posts and ready to sell. That is not personal, you could be Mother Theresa. You just aren't yet as well known here. So, it could be a factor.

You asked for opinions. :devil::)

Obviously... I am not a vendor so I am not even sure that this comment was necessary?

Not too obvious. Don't you have a website that you sell on? And, you did say you sell ALOT of Dillon stuff. So, if you are a vendor, you'd have to sell in the dealer forums.

Regardless, Kevin's post would help keep a member out of trouble with the Moderating Team, as...vendor or not...selling ALOT is not what we have the classifieds here for. They are just a nice service for those that contribute ALOT to the forum.

Sorry if this comes off as ballbusting. Not meant to be. Just sharing info.

Well, it wouldn't really be new. It would be sent back and re-furbished. Which is fine. But, that is also waiting and having to deal with shipping.

The shipping costs eat up a lot.. making 5-10% impossible..

75-80% would be the most.. and like Flex.. it may be just cautious.. but buying from forum members.. doesn't start until 1,000 posts.. :)

Obviously... I am not a vendor so I am not even sure that this comment was necessary?

Not too obvious. Don't you have a website that you sell on? And, you did say you sell ALOT of Dillon stuff. So, if you are a vendor, you'd have to sell in the dealer forums.

Regardless, Kevin's post would help keep a member out of trouble with the Moderating Team, as...vendor or not...selling ALOT is not what we have the classifieds here for. They are just a nice service for those that contribute ALOT to the forum.

Sorry if this comes off as ballbusting. Not meant to be. Just sharing info.

No worries, also... no I personally do not have a specific website that I sell things on. I belong to many forums and sell EXTRA stuff I am not using anymore...

The shipping costs eat up a lot.. making 5-10% impossible..

75-80% would be the most.. and like Flex.. it may be just cautious.. but buying from forum members.. doesn't start until 1,000 posts.. :)

I got it, all I was really looking for was near or around 80%... the 1,000 post thing is really not relevant as to what people price at.

Good stuff overall though... thanks for the info here guys

In all my overall experiences with all forums, you can generally tell what ads and posts are B.S.

Risk v Reward is obvious but if you see something that is too good to be true, it typically is.

I guess I see your overall point but, if a guy was willing to call me, provide information, and offer other types of feedback channels ie gunbroker user name, other forums wedge you receive ratings... I wouldn't care about post count at all.

Just my thoughts..