Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer following the slide on my 2011!

Ssanders224

I think I found what is causing my hammer to follow is the disconnecter is not popping back up after the slide cycles.

Took my gun apart last night and when I pressed down on the disconnecter, it felt gritty and did not pop up all the way.

I think I found what is causing my hammer to follow is the disconnecter is not popping back up after the slide cycles.

Took my gun apart last night and when I pressed down on the disconnecter, it felt gritty and did not pop up all the way.

Yeah, that'll do it.

you can try polishing the middle sear spring prong and the disconnector where they contact. It likely won't fix it though.

No, disconnector moves freely. All parts are in perfect working order.

spring, sear, and disconnector are all mirror polished at their interaction points. This is a custom built gun.

This is frustrating, becuase proven by this thread and others, this type of hammer follow happens to many different people... yet know one knows why.

Hammer should never follow the slide no matter how you manipulate the trigger or how light the trigger pull.

I dont think anyone is going to disagree with you on that...

Hence this thread, and this one (http://www.brianenos...5) were started, in attempts to try and diagnose the problem.

Edited by Ssanders224

I'll check this after work.

I'm sure my slide pushes down on the hammer slightly. It does on my 1911s.

But I'm not sure how this could cause the problem? Can you explain?

If I pull the trigger (drop the hammer) and hold the trigger back, the dissconector should not pop up when the slide is pulled all the way back? It is trapped under the legs of the sear until I release the trigger...

When the slide is all the way back the disconnector can pop up, you can see it when the slide is locked back. If the slide doesn't over cock the hammer a little and the trigger is pulled when the slide is all the way back the sear won't reset when the slide closes. Though it should only drop to half cock.