Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My mind is made up after much study and research!

ares338

Since I have acquired the rather costly habit of shooting about 500 rounds a week, I made the rather obvious decision to start reloading my ammo. I shoot a mix of .45 ACP, 9mm, 38 special, 357 magnum and .40 S&W. Next I considered what brand and kind of equipment to use. I found out rather quickly you could spend as little or as much as you wanted to on equipment. I settled on Lee because of basic decent quality at a decent price. I didn't want too basic a unit like the Classic Loader or a complicated one like the Lee Progressive. I was happy tp see that there was a great middle ground...the Lee 4 hole Turret Press with auto index! You can still put out a decent quantity while paying close attention to safety. I will probably being asking a lot of questions of you folks because I really don't want to blow myself up....LOL!

Lee used to offer real good deals on blems, ordered direct from them.

I'm happy with basic items from Lee, but if it has moving parts, it will give you trouble. You have to decide what thats worth to you.

:mellow:

edit-- Just checked prices, blems not such a good deal anymore. :blush:

Edited by wide45

Dillon 550.

Please.

I suffered through a Lee progressive for a year and it was not enjoyable. Spend the money, cry once, and then never look back.

Edit for clarification: The priming system is the #1 weakness of the Lee progressive press. On the Pro 1000 if you screw up priming one case you have to disassemble the shellplate to get it to work well again because the powder drop is right above it and will dump powder into the primer pocket. The entire system is gravity fed, once it gets gunked the primers stop sliding down and you wind up with crush/sideways/upsidedown/giant jam. It looks like the Loadmaster primes at a separate station, which might be ok as long as you make doubly sure that the gravity feed actually fed a primer into the ram.

Edited by TerryYu

Since I have acquired the rather costly habit of shooting about 500 rounds a week, I made the rather obvious decision to start reloading my ammo. I shoot a mix of .45 ACP, 9mm, 38 special, 357 magnum and .40 S&W. Next I considered what brand and kind of equipment to use. I found out rather quickly you could spend as little or as much as you wanted to on equipment. I settled on Lee because of basic decent quality at a decent price. I didn't want too basic a unit like the Classic Loader or a complicated one like the Lee Progressive. I was happy tp see that there was a great middle ground...the Lee 4 hole Turret Press with auto index! You can still put out a decent quantity while paying close attention to safety. I will probably being asking a lot of questions of you folks because I really don't want to blow myself up....LOL!

Get the Classic Turret not the regular. Go to http://www.kempfgunshop.com/ and buy it with the upgrades. DON'T buy the Lee Kit. It sucks.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1027887