Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-03

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked this classifier, but I didn't shoot it exceptionally well. I shot it the same way as short round, but I took a lot longer. :P I had 53 points in 8.04 seconds for a 6.5920 hit factor in Open. I know I was sluggish, but short round beat me by a whole 2 seconds so I am guessing his run is pretty good or I suck. The best time if the day was 7.80 by a fairly solid Limited Master.

I am guessing his run is pretty good

It all came together for me on my run. Start by leaning to the left and looking at T2 (at the A zone where you want the bullets to go). On start signal draw and engage T2 directly, as you are engaging T1 it is important to be shifting your weight (ala the Todd Jarrett fade away) to the right. Complete your swing to the right and Engage T4. As you are engaging T3 it is important to already be moving your weight forward. As you leave Box A keep both hands on the gun and the gun high, the distance is not that far (even with my short legs). Enter box B with your strong side foot as you are sighting on PP3 (ala Rob Leatham). The instant your weak side foot comes off the ground shoot PP3 (ala Matt Burkette). If you have not shot PP2 and PP1 before your weak side foot hits inside the box you are behind. If you have not at least shot PP2 before your weak side foot hits inside the box you are really behind.

Short round, I had all three poppers down in a heartbeat, even the peanut gallery went, wow. I think the real key is to get on with the shooting and to be shooting while you are leaving. This classifier will be made or broken on that first barricade. Can't wait to see what your run comes in at. Has to be a Master score doesn't it???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot this same as Ron and short_round

Open 8.32 sec

51 points

6.1298 HF

Couldn't get out of that first box, and set up horribly in the second. One extra shot on the steel. Pulled a D on last paper, inside right side.

Hmmm...looks like short round shot over 100%...way to go.

Well that's not so good. I finally got out of unclassified into B on this go around and this classifier didn't make it. Looks like it'll get thrown out when it does get on.

I looked over the scores again on the club's website and it looks like I remembered wrong. I shot 50 points in 6.18 seconds so my HF is really 8.0906. From the numbers you have Ron it looks like that should be 93% for open?

From the video and what I remember the run didn't seem exceptional or feel very fast. I guess the good ones never do.

I confess to reshooting this one. :)

On my match run, I was programmed to leave the box asap, so that I did, right after shooting T1 and T2. :)

Hit the brakes, back in the box, throw a mike on t3 and make it up from the second barricade. (ro holds up a finger)

My reshoot went much better...6.20, down 3. I felt a little slow getting on the steel, so I'm sure high 5's are doable.

I was a little dissapointed that the scrip makes you shoot the appropriate paper from either side of the barricade, I would have liked to try all the paper from one side...

SA

btw, I shot the paper left to right. Drawing to t1 felt better, and the transition to t3 felt better than going outside in.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that there was nothing in the stage description that required you to shoot from a box?

What would your time be if you shot the two on the left from Box A.

Shot the two on the right while moving to box B

Put one foot in Box B and blasted the steel?

Can you see any procedurals baseed on the course of fire?

See you at the range

Tom

STAGE PROCEDURE

On start signal, draw and engage T1 and T2 only from

the left side of the barricade and engage T3 and T4 only from

the right side of the barricade. Move to Box B and engage

only PP1 - PP3 from either side of the barricade.

While it doesn't say anything about Box A, it does mention Box B. You can't have one foot touching outside the box...and still be considered "in the box".

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this one as part of our annual "Hillbilly Classic". I had a smooth, strong run, and was surprised to see that my effort will only get a an 89.9% or so. I shot it the same as short round.

Limited 52pts, 7.05 sec, 7.3759hf.

I guess I should have turned it up a bit on the papers, that's the only area I think I was a little slow at.

• 4 weeks later...

read the stage description on the above attached image, looks like it says you must shoot while in the box..

not to sound like a smart a$$, but the correct way to shoot it is per the above stage description,

On start signal, draw and engage T1 and T2 only from the left side of the barricade and engage T3 and T4 only from the right side of the barricade. Move to box B and while within box B engage PP1-PP3 from either side of the barricade.

Now since they messed up, and people are still shooting it wrong, they should throw out all current scores and start over.