Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP01 IDPA-compliant?

Art Yeo

I searched web-wide and found a 2008 thread in this website that discussed this and the thread faded away.

The gun, straight from the factory, weighs 41 oz so that rules out the 39 oz SSP division weight requirement.

Are there easy ways to put it on diet that is popularly done?

Also, does the production numbers qualify this model for IDPA for SSP?

If you can get it under 39oz, its legal.

Im not sure if you meant the SP-01 Shadow or not, but below is the list of things that will get the shadow legal, or close to legal.

Light weight Marschal grips

Non Shadow safeties

10rd mags

Some guys do something with the mag break.

And you should be close.

I bought a 75 Shadow to shoot idpa with, and ended up shooting it more than my SP-01 Shadow.

I am referring to the regular 75 sp01, not the shadow,

Thanks for the info

Then you might be able to get legal doing all those things except the 10rd mags. I've seen non-shadow SP-01's legal and still using the CZ 19rd mags

you could leave the gun as is and shoot it in ESP as the weight ceiling is 43 oz with an empty mag.

Unless I'm mistaken because it has a full length DC, according to some, it has to meet SSP requirements. After that you can shoot it in ESP.

you could leave the gun as is and shoot it in ESP as the weight ceiling is 43 oz with an empty mag.

Unless I'm mistaken because it has a full length DC, according to some, it has to meet SSP requirements. After that you can shoot it in ESP.

I didnt think about the full length DC, my bad.

If you're in the market for a gun and havn't already bought the SP01, the current ideal CZ for IDPA SSP would be the CZ 75 Shadow from the Custom Shop. It makes weight right out of the box and has a competition hammer, CZ 85 trigger, as well as firing block delete.

[...]

Yes Cocobolo is much lighter than the OEM rubber grip

Well, the Cocobolo grip took out 1 full oz and so, the pistol + OEM mag is now 40oz.

I need to shave off another oz.

Do you think the 10rd mag is, at least, 1 oz lighter than the oem 18rd mag?

For those who have the 10 rd mag, could you let me know what the weight is?

I bought a 75 Shadow to shoot idpa with, and ended up shooting it more than my SP-01 Shadow.

Do you have to manually lower the hammer on both of these after LAMR?

only if you want to shoot ssp. In esp you can start cocked and locked. I manually lower the hammer on my cz75. I got so used to it that I do it on my other guns too now, even the ones with decockers. Of course I don't point them at the TV or my wife or the dog or anything when I do it.

Do you have to manually lower the hammer on both of these after LAMR?

Yes, like ^ said.. Although I shoot hammer down in ESP as well just to keep it consistent.

Edited by DWFAN

I bought a 75 Shadow so I could play in IDPA. The DA start really doesn't add much time to your score if you start prepping the trigger as you come out. I pause slightly before the first shot to verify proper grip anyways so the first shot delay is the same for me either double or single action start.