Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No shoot scoring question

Wildcanine

The scoring area of A target behind a no shoot is deemed to not exist since a no shoot is impenetrable. As long as the holes in the no shoot do not touch the out perf of the no shoot then it is two no shoots and two mikes. If the holes touch the outer perf of the no shoot then you get two no shoots and whatever scoring area is available on the scoring target.

There is a really good thread on this on here somewhere but I gave up on figuring out the search a long time ago.

Edited by Sarge

I think I said it wrong in my post I shot 1 round in scoring area then 1 no shoot saw is and made up with 1 more round in the scoring are so I wouldn't receive a miss and I did this on 2 separate targets and received a 40 pt penalty

I'm only asking to make it clear to me how it should be scored because it woouldnt have made a difference cause I was having a bad day anyway

Thanks

I think I said it wrong in my post I shot 1 round in scoring area then 1 no shoot saw is and made up with 1 more round in the scoring are so I wouldn't receive a miss and I did this on 2 separate targets and received a 40 pt penalty

I'm only asking to make it clear to me how it should be scored because it woouldnt have made a difference cause I was having a bad day anyway

Thanks

This may help. It seems like you're describing two instances of the left scenario. If the only penalties you received in the COF were the 2 no-shoots it should have only been 20 pts pen. Perhaps there were other misses or procedurals?

CPBD3.png

If each target had 3 hits with two being scoring and one being a NS you should have received a -10 for the NS and whatever the scoring values were for the two hits. If the scoring hits were both Alphas then each target would be zero points. -10 for the NS and +10 for the Alphas, so the two offset each other.