Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 top end on Glock 34 frame

Robert King

I have a Glock 34 with a trigger, mag well, mag release and stipple job that I like a LOT. Only thing I don't love about the gun is it can't shot Limted Major. I have a G35 that is bone stock, except for the KKM barrel. The only thing I like about the G35 is the major power factor. I know a G35 can accept a 9mm barrel. But, can I take the top end off my G35 and shoot it on my G34 frame? I can't see why not, but I could be missing something. Both are Gen 3. I really don't want to invest a lot in building up the G35 frame unless I have no other choice. Thanks.

All you have to do is swap slides. The trigger might be a little different since the 34 firing pin is broken in on that trigger group and the 35 is not. Other than that it will work like a champ.

My G34 top end has a lot of upgraded internals, but they were all sold as for he 34 or 35. I think I am going to swap them all over to the G35 top end and put the G35 top end on the G34 frame. Then when I want to shoot 40 or 9, I will just swap barrels. This way I don't have to buy new internals for the 35 slide. I'll try it and see how it goes. If I have issues, will try swapping ejectors as well. Thanks for the info guys. If I do it this way, I can probably sell the bare G34 slide and new G35 frame. More funds for more toys.

Robert,

You realize that I am running your old 35 slide on my old 34 frame right?

If you take both slide's off and look at the insides side by side, you will notice the 34 slide has more material relieved for lighter overall weight.

That's why a 35 converted to 9mm as I have done may need slightly different tuning than a 34. The heavier slide on the 35 will create a different dwell when shooting 9mm compared to the 34.

Also the barrel OD's are different between the calibers.

You can't drop a 9mm barrel in a .40 slide or vise versa.

Unless I'm reading your last post wrong...

That's why a conversion barrel is required to convert the 35 to 9mm and there isn't a solution to convert the 34 to .40.

I'll be at the match tomorrow if you can make it.

Edited by jaggy13

He's right, and a 35 converted to 9mm is also not legal in limited until the 2013 rules come out.

Your best bet in my opinion is to use the 34 frame and swap top ends for the division your going to shoot. ( in 2013 of coarse).