Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backup gun 930 or M2 sent to gunsmith

stoked4AA

I want an second auto loader and cant decide if i want a second 930 or an M2 for tactical class.

Currently running a mossberg 930, Benny and c-rums did all of the work and I run a non-ported 24" barrel

I am considering getting a second autoloading shotgun. As of right now my backup is a remington 870. 8 plus 1 and fiber optic front site (simple but runs all of the time)

Is there anyone who has logged a fair amount of time on both an M2 a 930. I dont know if i should get a second 930 or go all out for the M2 and use the 930 as my backup.

I have an M2 (24") and a 930 (22"). My 930 seems a little "clunky" but it works and the price is awesome. The M2 is a sweet, smooth piece of machinery and I just haven't found anything that feels like it. The 930 is heavier but feels softer due to that. The M2 swings more natural to me.

So, pick one and stay with it. However, since you already have a 930, I would probably go for another 930 so you not learning two different systems. A backup should be a true backup and that means very similar or identical to the primary.

Good luck...

I thought about buying a versamax for a back up to my Salient M2 but changed my mind when I started thinking about having to buy more Briley chokes for a different thread pattern and keep up with them at a match.

Extended ProBore choke tubes for the Versamax are $10 at CDNN...

Mick

I thought about buying a versamax for a back up to my Salient M2 but changed my mind when I started thinking about having to buy more Briley chokes for a different thread pattern and keep up with them at a match.

I already have a selection of Briley's that I keep up with so having another brand is another issue. I have used Briley for years in clay sports so they are the only ones I buy since I have had excellent luck with their products. I haven't bought another shotgun anyway since my Salient has been rock solid so far. I am hoping a backup shotgun won't be any more necessary than a back up rifles or pistols since I shoot JP's and SVI's.