Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Allround for production

fastarget

Being reading the search about Allrounds. Have had X5 comp and tacticals with no issues, so thinking of the Allround for Production to start in USPSA.

Send to Grayguns? How long will they keep it?

Most of what I have read points to shooting it without recoil spring mods to keep it reliable, there isn't that much info, some not overly positive, I assume part of that is due to production/availability/price............considered CZs, they have a huge following, but my carry is a sig.

Has the new redesigned extractor been released or is being used on the newer builds?

Is it competitive? info, opinions???? all appreciated. Before jumping into it.

Edited by fastarget

I shoot an Allround in production. Never had an issue. Mine has been through Grayguns and has Bruce's short reset trigger and enhanced leverage package. Right now GGI has a pretty quick turnaround time for standard work in the the 3 to 4 week range.

I run a wolff 14 lb spring and have never had an issue. I did have a situation where the brass was barely making it out of the gun once after installing a new spring. It turned out that out of a batch of 6 springs that I had bought 2 of them were 3 coils longer than the other 4. :surprise:

I have run 130gr MG FMJ and 125 Zero JHPs and 115gr MG JHPs all loaded to approx 132-135PF. It shot great with all of them. Probably my favorite combo is the Zero 125 JHPs over Solo1000 or N320.

Good info, thanks for sharing loads and info on Grayguns, initially on his site it stated 12weeks but that was march2012. Your input is positive about the Allround, keeps my hopes up.

The 14lb Wolff spring is being used with the stock guide rod I assume?

I changed out the slide release to the standard SIG 226 design as my high grip and hand size caused the outboard bent X-Five type to be activated all the time. It still happens once and while for the standard slide release but not nearly as much.

Mine is quite accurate (slightly better than the Shadow), but the Gray guys have shown a fitted BarSto barrel can produce better groups than the factory one. If you have the money to burn you could get one of those for matches and shoot the factory for practice.

I never had any of the failure to extract problem that I keep hearing of on the SIG Forum...who knows? I also run a little lighter Wolf spring now (can't remember the rate).

7.7gr of AA #7 was my most accurate load (little dirty) and 4.2gr of VV320 was nearly as good and softer shooting (both behind a 124gr MG HP).

Edited by huskerlrrp

An allround in 9 will be here next week, Received an email from GGI, there are alot of X5s out there with no issues, however, a new extractor has been designed to cure the problems or potential problems, GGI is awaiting delivery from the machine shop.....

Found Wolf springs, is 14# working for most? 15 is stock.

In my experience Gray guns always wants to do "packages" when it comes to modding a Sig. You can save quite a bit of money looking at someone like: http://www.totalautomation.us/

I only want two minor things done to my X5 and I can save about $300 going with Total Automation.

?? Why do you think Grayguns only wants to do packages? That isn't the case.

Gerry (Total Automation) does nice work as well. Gerry has done work on 3 guns for me.

I'm assumiing that here in a month or so MANY shooters will be sending guns IN to Gray Guns and other Smiths for work, as the competition season is ending. A correct assumption?

Or do they really wait for Winter?

Just got a new All Around in .40 and want to send it back ASAP to get the trigger done. My issue is I also have 9mm/.357 SIG barrels on the way from Bar-Sto that would need to be fitted. I'm in the "hurry up and wait" mode unfortunately on the barrels.

FN in MT

post-42788-0-99628800-1346890815_thumb.j