Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt suggestions

earplug

I have been using a Bianchi outer belt with a unknown velcro inner belt.

Have lost enough weight that between the loop around the belt buckle and my double North Mountain moon holder I get little or no contact with the inner belt velcro. I jiggle on the right side.

Curious what others are using for belts. I figure many others are using North Mtn. moon clip holders and they sorta limit the contact area for a good velcro hold on the inner belt.

I could put some Velcro stick up tape on the inner sides of my moon clips and my holster. Does anyone do this?

Not a revolver shooter, but the same use applies. I picked up industrial strength velcro and added it to the back of my pouches and holster. I run 5 CR Speed Pouches in Production and this takes up a lot of real estate. Using this method, I haven't had any issues with belt sag.

I could put some Velcro stick up tape on the inner sides of my moon clips and my holster. Does anyone do this?

Yes--I do.

Cliff is using a Brass Monkey belt, which allows you to cinch it up nice and tight. Might be something to look into.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Velcro and shot our local Steel Match and it worked great.

Yes--I do.

Cliff is using a Brass Monkey belt, which allows you to cinch it up nice and tight. Might be something to look into.

I've been having same problem (not the loosing weight, but getting nice and plump around the middle) but I started putting a keeper between my North Mountain and holster (right hand) and that keeps the holster much stiffer and secure with both belts tighter together