Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSP holster for women

JD45

I have a few years of competition experience in both sports, but I just realized I don't have a clue about the best holster for women.

I'm helping a young woman, new to IDPA, get started. She still needs a holster rig, and IDPA allows things for women that are illegal for men. Such as the amount of drop and offset, and distance from the belt. I was about to recommend some of the hot setups that guys like when I noticed that women could use holsters that are illegal for us guys.

So for a Glock 17, worn by an average built woman, what is the hottest gamer gear around? I really like Ready Tactical, but I want her to have the best for a girl.

Edited by JD45

I compared the Ready Tactical DOH and the Bladetech, and they both look like good holsters. Which do most women prefer? And is the Tec-lock option on the Bladetech useful?

a lot of women i have seen like the drop-offset holster from comp-tac. It is legal for women in IDPA and can be used for production in USPSA as well. It even gives you the option of paddle or belt attachment with the holster to fit your preference.