Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 TS

Art Yeo

I'm in the process of searching and discovering what is the most suitable 9mm pistol in the market for IDPA SSP/ESP. Obviously, I want something highly reliable and accurate.

Along the way, I saw this one:

CZ 75 Tactical Sports, which their website says it is IPSC and USPSA-compliant.

I do not have the IDPA test box and the pistol, so I am counting on you guys who may have walked this path to tell me if this gun is IDPA-compliant.

The barrel does sound a little too long to fit into the IDPA test box.

So, please sound off... THANKS!

Edited by Art Yeo

You're right, it's 45oz ... way off the 39oz allowed for SSP and the 43oz for ESP.

I seem to recall it would've fit size wise (could be mistaken, though), but was overweight with the empty magazine inserted. Without the mag, it might've just scraped through...

Pity, though... Only have the TS and that rules out IDPA for me...

the gun is to heavy, but by swapping the steel guide rod for an aluminum one, and taking off the mag funnel, you might have been able to make weight for ESP. the real killer is that the gun is to long, IDPA max is 8.75 inches and the gun is 8.86 inches

ya know, they sell guns at the store. Not having the right gun is a weak excuse. :cheers:

Depends on what part of the world you're from... ;) I wish I could just walk up to the store and pick up a second gun for IDPA. Then again, starting from scratch last year has severely put a dent in my budget after getting the TS, AR-15, M2 and assorted little bits and pieces to trick them out... :D