Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3.5moa or 7moa Red Dot for Shotgun

tagacali

i use a 6 MOA. i asked a few open shooters that i respect and they said, this is a shotgun, shooting a wide pattern and not a single bullet so you do not need a pin point shot so go big.

*Sorry if this is a repeat*

What do you suggest out there for 3gun, Open Division? I'm planning to get either the JPOINT or Docter Sight. Thank you in advance.

I run the 7.5 moa triangle on my Delta point and love it. I sight in for slugs with the tip and use the whole triangle up close with shot. It works pretty well.

Pat

Personally I just switched to an eotech recently and now I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. I'm using the 65 moa ring with a 1 moa dot in the center. It is perfect for the shotgun. Small dot for the slugs and the ring is super fast for flyers. You also don't have any trouble finding the dot , you can make it so bright it will hurt your eyes or really dim for night time. ( Very handy since our club holds a night match every year) Just my opinion

Sb

Personally I just switched to an eotech recently and now I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. I'm using the 65 moa ring with a 1 moa dot in the center. It is perfect for the shotgun. Small dot for the slugs and the ring is super fast for flyers. You also don't have any trouble finding the dot , you can make it so bright it will hurt your eyes or really dim for night time. ( Very handy since our club holds a night match every year) Just my opinion

Sb

What do you use for an Open shotgun with this sighting system? I'm interested in your idea. Thank you.

Sb

The problem with the Eotech is its freaking huge and does not fit well on most shotguns. You would have to do something to build up the stock so you would have a correct cheak weld.

Pat

Sb

Yep , put mine on over a year ago , so easy it's ALMOST cheating

201208141919211.jpg

on second thought use a 3 MOA :ph34r:

Edited by toothandnail

• 1 month later...