Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Custom Shop Commander Size 1911

JGus

I just saw this on another forum:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=379278

Pretty sweet gun. Looks like Para is really "upping" their game. I just recently purchased a Para P16-40 Limited that I'm anxious to start putting some lead down range.

I'm looking forward to the day they bring out the Travis Tomasie model for Limited division.

JGus, check out the SX1640ST, it's a 16.40TT

The TT = Travis Tomasie

Well, I feel a little foolish! I own that exact gun but didn't know the TT was for Travis Tomasie model.

I bought my Para P16-40 Limited from an estate auction. The gun was brand new, unfired. According to Para it was manufactured in August 2011. One of the best deals I've ever found on a firearm as I got it for a ridiculously low price. I also just added a Dawson magwell.

IMG-20120726-01184.jpg

ParaP1640.jpg

Edited by JGus

JGus, check out the SX1640ST, it's a 16.40TT

The TT = Travis Tomasie

I asked someone else about the TT and they said it's not for Travis Tomasie, but rather "two tone." As my Para P16-40 Limited has a black slide and stainless steel frame.

Does anyone know for sure what the TT stands for?

It is absolutely positively & without a shadow of a doubt stand for Travis Tomasie.

Yeah, I did some research myself and you are correct.

However, I also don't think mine is a TT, just a standard Limited model. I bought the gun at an estate auction and the sticker with the info on the side of the plastic container was ripped off. I did contact Para to ask when it was manufactured and they said August 2011, so I don't think it could be a TT.

The one pictures is not a Tomasi gun. The guns they are doing for that name are IonBonded black not two tone.

Yeah, the more I look into it the more I'm sure it's not a TT model. However, a buddy of mine pointed out this link on www.budsgunshop.com that led him to believe it was the TT model, as this one is the exact gun I have and it's marked TT. But I'm sure that Bud's probably just used a stock photo of a Limited for this ad as it sounds like the gun isn't even out yet:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/79092/Para+SX1640ST+16-40+TT+45+ACP+5%22+16%2B1+Syn+Grip+BlkSS+Sterli

Edited by JGus

JGus, the one you have is the 16.40 Limited. I have the same gun in 18.9 Limited. dsk, The Travis model will be a .40, Para has not let them out as of yet.. Go to http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=351022

So I think WHEN the TT comes my guess it will be a .40

TimT

Thanks for the info and the link. Looking forward to when Para does start production of the Travis Tomasie 16-40.