Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA nationals equipment question

Matthew_Mink

Has anyone ever sent their application in saying, I'm going to shoot X gun, then having to switch over to Y gun for some valid reason or another? I'm not switching divisions or anything, I just need to shoot another gun than what I initially told them I would shoot. Do I even need to worry about it, or even let HQ know?

FWIW, I just got off the phone with IDPA HQ. A very nice girl answered my questions and she said this: It is no big deal to switch equipment before the match. Switching divisions is a big no-no, but the equipement I listed on the match application can be changed.

That's good info to know.

Has anyone ever sent their application in saying, I'm going to shoot X gun, then having to switch over to Y gun for some valid reason or another? I'm not switching divisions or anything, I just need to shoot another gun than what I initially told them I would shoot. Do I even need to worry about it, or even let HQ know?

Uh.....

WHat ya gonna be shooting big boy?

Inquiring minds STILL want to know

Off list is fine

:D

CZ made me an offer, and I was not going to turn them down. They take real good care of Angus, and they make good stuff.

The funny thing is after I shot Angus's Production gun a couple months back, I was probably going to end up switching anyway. I was already eyeballing a CZ-75B at Academy Sports and wondering what I would need to do to run with it.

The CZ's shoot really nice and flat, I can't wait to give them a whirl. I should receive my first one tomorrow, I'll have to post a report of what it'll do. Should be interesting. :D

A buddy in Houston who often shoots Glocks and 1911's gave a CZ-75 in 9mm a whirl and liked it quite a bit. It shoots flat and is pretty accurate. Other than the DA/SA deal it wasn't too bad of a change.

After giving a Sig P220ST a try for several months this year I can confirm that the DA/SA transition is no big deal and shouldn't take more than a couple weeks to get under control. I'm back to my 1911 due to non-trigger related reasons.

Congrat's on the sponsorship and good luck!