Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what new cz for steel shooting?

Max It

Hi Ya,

Well its my b'day soon. And I've had it with new t shirts and after shave; so i told wifey and kids it s a gun this year.

I shoot steel madness (like steel challenge I guess). And I currently use a xd9-tac with Dawson fibre optics and a smooot trigger job and 15 rounders.

So I want a steel pistol, you know steel shooting, steel pistol PUN.

However I am in the peoples republic of California; so Shadow is out.CZ custom offered me a Tac Sport model; a bit costly, and a fatter grip and diff mags which are also costly compared to standard 75's.

mostly I am not a large hand fellow and would prefer a smaller grip. Is there a model for me?

Edited by Max It

I would do either a CZ 75 B SA or my pick would be the CZ TS. Either at the same time or later on have CZ Custom turn in into a CTS. Yes it would be more expensive but they reduce the grip on the CTS and it is an amazing gun. I have very small hands and the CTS fits me perfectly.

Great,

the prob is that it is not legal in CA

and czcustom doesnt have any .

You can have what you want in CA. I am in CA and I just bought an SP01 Shadow legally.

I bought used. You can Single Shot one, there are legal other ways as well.

Or, you can just buy the standard SP01 and have some work done to it by CZC or locally.

They can be made every bit as good as a Shadow.

Or, you can buy a 75B or 75B SA. The standard 75B can be turned into an SA only gun very easily.

Polish up your searchfu and all will be revealed. :)

Do not settle when what you really want is a Shadow. YOU CAN HAVE IT!

Lawboy, oh boy! I love the encouragement. i Think I will stay with my xd9 until i can find and build a shadow as you suggest. i didnt know that i can change the da/sa could be changed.

Edited by Max It

• 4 weeks later...

HI Ya, I bought a slightly used CZ 75B SA locally; its in Quarantine (DROS)right now. Just in time for B'day.

I did get to shoot 100 rounds; sweet just the way it is.

My other competition gun is a XD9 Tactical and is with Springfield at the moment.

As soon as I get this one out of DROS I will take it with to a match. The mag holders for the XD fit, I just need to borrow a holster, or maybe I can use one of my XD's. I dont know until I get it home.

Much obliged to all for the encouragement,

Max It

Edited by Max It

• 3 weeks later...

HI ya Guys,

I shot my first competition with my new CZ75 SA,

it went well;

I am not used to using a safety though, so it slowed me down. I have been shooting a Springfield XD9 which does not have a manual safety.

Not very fast but accurate enough just out of the box, maybe I wont do anything to it??