Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading bench ideas?

trp

Just built a reloading bench in the basement it's almost 9ft long. I just did the bench so far I was wondering what people have on there's like shelves, what kind of backing on the wall any tips on somthing you might have done differently or some kind of different positions. It's a dillon 550 and Im new to reloading any help would be appreciated tons!! Where do you keep your tumbler??

8ft bench in my reloading room in the basement. I put varnished plywood on the walls so they would not ever need painted and can just be wiped down if they get dirty. I put a piece of kitchen counter top on mine with a shelf underneath the whole length of the bench for bullets, brass, primers and powder.

I have a 6ft bench in the garage devoted to brass prep. Brass cleaning is way too dirty to be done indoors.

9 feet? You can't put anything on a bench like that. Just kidding, I have 27 feet and I have effectively run out of room. If I wasn't so ashamed of how dirty it was I would take some pictures. I suppose I could clean it, but that is about like practicing - no point. I have a Star bullet sizer, home made brass sizer, 1050, computer station with wall mounted screen and under bench speakers, Redding T7, Mec 600, MEC 650 and a 550 in that order. I tumble in the garage as my bench is in the downstairs where there is heat. I also have a gunsmith/cleaning table in the room adjacent to the reloading room. Bullet casting is in the garage (obviously) and I made a brass sorting table and mounted a trimmer onto it which is also in the garage. Man I should take some pictures.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Just built a reloading bench in the basement it's almost 9ft long. I just did the bench so far I was wondering what people have on there's like shelves, what kind of backing on the wall any tips on somthing you might have done differently or some kind of different positions. It's a dillon 550 and Im new to reloading any help would be appreciated tons!! Where do you keep your tumbler??

Tumblers take a lot of real estate, no reason not to just set it on the floor and store it under the bench

Lee

Build those shelves strong and lots of support. You'll be amazed how much brass, bullets, etc, you accumulate. Good lighting. I just added two led lights to my 550 also from Oznium.com {I have no affiliation with them but like them}. Tumble outside and don't breath the dust. Use the search here for other bench/shop ideas. You're off to a great start. :cheers:

JW

Build those shelves strong and lots of support. You'll be amazed how much brass, bullets, etc, you accumulate. Good lighting. I just added two led lights to my 550 also from Oznium.com {I have no affiliation with them but like them}. Tumble outside and don't breath the dust. Use the search here for other bench/shop ideas. You're off to a great start. :cheers:

JW

Thanks for the ideas about the led lights

JW

Thanks for the ideas about the led lights