Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Squib Removal

tires2burn

Usually back trough, but every once in awhile depending on situation, I have seen the gun taken apart then removed, * NOTE* be careful when driving it back through I have seen a ejector broken, not for sure if it was the bullet with the force of being hit to get it out of the barrel ??? but I am betting on a stack up of bullet, rod, and hammer on the other end. All tree came together to it the ejector and broke it ???

Usually back trough, but every once in awhile depending on situation, I have seen the gun taken apart then removed, * NOTE* be careful when driving it back through I have seen a ejector broken, not for sure if it was the bullet with the force of being hit to get it out of the barrel ??? but I am betting on a stack up of bullet, rod, and hammer on the other end. All tree came together to it the ejector and broke it ???

I can see the damage happening. Best to dissemble first. Great point.

I will tell you something I made that will help, I used a piece of delrin plastic, milled it to fit straight down through the ejection port into the well of the frame, then I releve the delrin around the ejector, then I cut a pocket out into the side of the delrin that the bullet comes out for it to go into and the delrin fits tight enough into the well of the frame to not rock back and hit the ejector, I didnt make this because I have squibs all the time, because I dont, I can say I have never had one with my loads, but it seames like wen I shoot with certain people they have them and I just wanted to help them get it out with the least damage to there gun

I will tell you something I made that will help, I used a piece of delrin plastic, milled it to fit straight down through the ejection port into the well of the frame, then I releve the delrin around the ejector, then I cut a pocket out into the side of the delrin that the bullet comes out for it to go into and the delrin fits tight enough into the well of the frame to not rock back and hit the ejector, I didnt make this because I have squibs all the time, because I dont, I can say I have never had one with my loads, but it seames like wen I shoot with certain people they have them and I just wanted to help them get it out with the least damage to there gun

I've been reloading for about 8 months and had 3 squibs and the first one was knocked out by a gunsmith and he beat it out the muzzle. It seemed to me that was the long way around so on the next one I had a wood dowel and it only took a couple of taps to knock it back through the chamber. It looked like a lot of work to shove it all the way through the rifleing. Right or Wrong?

Like was mentioned above. Whichever way is closer. All the squibs I have seen have been primer only affairs and were just beyond the chamber. Not much trouble to pound out from the muzzle.

Like was mentioned above. Whichever way is closer. All the squibs I have seen have been primer only affairs and were just beyond the chamber. Not much trouble to pound out from the muzzle.

Primer only was what I was dealing with to. Thanks