Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting a match in British Columbia

Needs info about attending a IPSC match in British Columbia Canada. Im coming from California visiting a friend in BC and wondering if i can shoot a match at the same time.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Needs info about attending a IPSC match in British Columbia Canada. Im coming from California visiting a friend in BC and wondering if i can shoot a match at the same time.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

In addition to what been said about import permit you need to make sure either pin all your magazines to 10 rounds or borrow 10 round mags for your gun in BC.

One side note: if your are lazy about getting your finger out of the trigger guard during movement or reloads, time to start reinforcing getting that finger all the way out now. IPSC and USPSA have the same rules with regards to this, but I've heard that Canadian RO's are particularly vigilant about this rule.

I would also recommend watching the movie Strange Brew starring Bob and Doug Mckenzie (or at least YouTube a bunch of their videos). This will give you a great opportunity to learn the local Canadian dialect which might save you from a DQ caused by a misunderstanding. Wouldn't want to go through all those hoops to shoot one stage at match ;)

1344679190[/url]' post='1758953']

i just ran a match here in bc (steel challenge) and had a few shooters come up from the states. they followed the info at this link and had no problems at all

http://www.custerspo...an%20border.pdf

Thanks for the info, sure it will help a lot.

no problem

feel free to send me a message when you know what match you are planning to attend and ill help out where i can

I would also recommend watching the movie Strange Brew starring Bob and Doug Mckenzie (or at least YouTube a bunch of their videos). This will give you a great opportunity to learn the local Canadian dialect which might save you from a DQ caused by a misunderstanding. Wouldn't want to go through all those hoops to shoot one stage at match ;)

Oh, take off eh?!

...ya hoser.

;)

Yeah I came down here as a political refugee from the Great White North eight years ago. Haven't been back since. Now I'm tearing my freaking hair out over what's going on down here. I won't make this a political discussion but damn, things have changed a lot in the last few years. I actually moved here from Calgary, and gotta say, even at it's worst, this is paradise. I have a safe full of guns, a concealed permit, no waiting period, unlimited mags, a gun in my truck and one in my waistband, and a shitload of cheap ammo. Wilfred, go shoot the match, you'll come home with a much greater appreciation for where you came from, even if that happens to be California. Eh......

1344912048[/url]' post='1760523']

Yeah I came down here as a political refugee from the Great White North eight years ago. Haven't been back since. Now I'm tearing my freaking hair out over what's going on down here. I won't make this a political discussion but damn, things have changed a lot in the last few years. I actually moved here from Calgary, and gotta say, even at it's worst, this is paradise. I have a safe full of guns, a concealed permit, no waiting period, unlimited mags, a gun in my truck and one in my waistband, and a shitload of cheap ammo. Wilfred, go shoot the match, you'll come home with a much greater appreciation for where you came from, even if that happens to be California. Eh......

The way you explained, I believe we are truly privileged :)

Edited by Wilfred

• 2 weeks later...

Came back from Vancouver two days ago, oh man guns and guns accessories in Canada are totally expensive. $45 for a Glock 17 10rds mag.

You can't even hold and check out a gun in gun stores if you don't have their license.