Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor 40 Ammo

Phil Dunlop

Looks like Armscor ammo will be available to purchase at the Australasian Champs in Bali, which would save shipping our own.

I recall the Phillipine team we shot with at Cebu were using this stuff and I'm wondering if anyone on the board has first hand experience if it.

I'd appreciate your opinions

Thanks, P.D.

I shot a few hundred rounds of it out of my Trojan and found it to be accurate and reliable. Felt a little hot to me, but I didn't chrono it. A Limited shooter friend of mine snarfed up a couple of boxes for his SVI, which he was running with my old Edge magazines tuned by Dawson. Despite the fact that these weren't the "long-loaded" ARMSCOR .40s, they ran without a hitch in his gun, too.

mb

I shot a couple thousand of their .40 ammo. Got it www.csbrass.com in utah. reliable and accurate. needed .03 more grains of tight group to make major over montana gold. I'd get them again if the oportunity arrises.

I Shoot both the Armscor .40 cal Ipsc and .38 super Ipsc the.38 super is loaded with a 130g bullet, and yes the .40 cal ipsc load is hotter it will make major in any gun here in the US, If you are intrested call me at Armscor 1(775)537-1444.(shamless plug I'm sorry) :D:D

Ivan

USPSA shooters coordinator/LE sales

SCS Vegas

It's been about 2-1/2 years ago since I shot any of it. I had purchased 2,000 rounds of it on sale back then. It was acceptably accurate and reliable, but it seemed a bit warm. We chronoed it after a local match, and we knew the results were valid because of some other loads we were testing.

This stuff came out of my Glock 22 with a PF of 201. Whatever else can be said about it, it did make Major!

That explained why I was having trouble finding my brass. I wasn't walking far enough. :blink:

• 4 months later...

We will have ammo at the shoot our International sales rep will make sure! I shoot the 38 super RL It makes major in my gun. I will be shooting that. The 40 cal IPSC load is a little hot. One of our shooters Ray Witham won 3rd master at the Nationals this year shooting that stuff. I know because I brought it to him! If I shoot limited I will use our 40 cal IPSC ammo! Just my 2 pennys worth! ;)

Ivan

Armscor