Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older Witness Match vs New Witness Match

Lubecktech

If you want a supersight on a new Witness Match, you'll end up spending @$200 + the price of the gun. I'm going to bet that the newer guns with the rail are too heavy for IDPA. My older 9mm Match makes weight, barely.

I bought a newer Witness Match in .40 w/ rail and it made weight (there's a thread about my weighing it somewhere on this part of the forum). But, mine has the plastic grips and I was/am loading long and using the K-10 magazines (without the spacer found in the .40 S&W mags). I think the spacer has to weigh something. My rear sight came loose but CHA-LEE advised how to lock tight the rear sight and it's been fine for 1,500 mild target loads. Some of the more experienced guys have just swapped out the rear adjustable sight for Hennings' fixed rear sight.

I have no experience with the older model Witness Match, but would expect that the combination of the lighter grips and heavier rail of the newer model would cause the weight to shift forward and give you a feeling of reduced recoil and faster follow-up shots.

Good luck.