Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Magazines - Old and New

Yagi

Ordered some XDM 5.25 9MM Magazines...

Which is which... Which is new....???

Both magazines has the notched for dissassembly but the magazine springs are not same due to one having flat bottom front part and the other have that pointed bump....and of course the base pad are not the same due to the springs... oh by the way ... base pads are not interchangable too due to the mag springs....tubes are not the same too since one has the notch and the other does not...

i wish i can post some pics......

so my question is which one is newer design and which is old?

Thanks.

I have purchased a total of 19 XDm Mags from different sources. Same differences you mentioned. All I can tell you is they work great, very seldom need cleaning and I have competed with them for almost a year now.

I'm pretty sure that they would be great...especially since we are only 10 rounds in production... I just would like to know which is the newer version...tnx...

I think the ones without the notch in the mag body are the newer ones. I got 2 with the notch and 1 without with my XDm 5.25. The other 5 I bought were all the no-notch variety.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I also have two different sorts of springs on my mags, but all my basepads have the small bump in them, and they all play nice together.

Call Scott @ Springer, Rich at Canyon Creek, Daniel at Powder River Precision, or whomever your favorite XDm smith is, and discuss with them. They can all help you figure this out.