Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SCR-11 scope mount

Scott Steele

I'm looking for SCR-11 owners and what scope mount they are using. I'm leaning towards a Larue/Bobro/ADM type mount. Has anyone experienced any problems with anything getting in the way of the side charging handle like doubled up magazines or the quick disconnects on some scope mounts?

I will be using a Z6i and prefer the actual scope mount to stay on the 1913/picatinny rail and not hang off the upper like the photos on the JP webpage show their mount hanging off.

I will call JP tomorrow to get their advice and or information on this subject as well but want to know what y'all have run across first.

As far as the JP mount, you could just mount it one slot back from hanging. It is really a robust mount.

However, there is nothing wrong with the other three mounts you mentioned. If you go any of those directions, I would recommend getting their extended mounts for better adjustments to eye relief.

I use an ADM mount on my PSC-11 upper. I use the Swarovski scope as well. The mount has caused no issues with me.

The only issue I had was when the left one of my cinched mags was sitting higher than the right one, the side charge ran into it when cocking. As long as they are level it isn't a problem. I always start with the right mag in the weapon when I run cinched mags. This allows me to watch the top of the mag when I do the reload, as well as see if the top round has walked forward while shooting.

I run the J.P. mount and it doesn't handg off the front. It is hard to beat the J.P. mount both in price, or sturdiness. It is fairly "quick disconnect" if you have the wrench with you AND IT doesn't loosen. Repeatability when removed is great!

We used the JP side charging .223 rifles at the Industry Masters. With a Warne RAMP mount, their was no confict with knuckles and the side charging upper.

Without trying it out first though, I'd be real hesitant to say any of the QD mounts would comfortably clear your knuckles when they are in a hurry. Of course, being a JP, the only time you'll need the charging handle is at "make ready" and "unload and show clear."

I'm looking for SCR-11 owners and what scope mount they are using. I'm leaning towards a Larue/Bobro/ADM type mount. Has anyone experienced any problems with anything getting in the way of the side charging handle like doubled up magazines or the quick disconnects on some scope mounts?

I will be using a Z6i and prefer the actual scope mount to stay on the 1913/picatinny rail and not hang off the upper like the photos on the JP webpage show their mount hanging off.

I will call JP tomorrow to get their advice and or information on this subject as well but want to know what y'all have run across first.

I've been using a LaRue LT104 on my SCR-11 with never a problem. I first had it with a Meopta and now with a Swaro.

Steve

Thanks for the replies guys.

http://vortexcanada.net/images/products/riflescopes/accessories/rac_rings_cm-203.jpg

Has anyone used this mount? Who makes it?

I don't really want a quick disconnect but I do want a cantilever that fits the Z6i eye relief without getting in the way of the SCR-11 side charging handle.

I have used all three mentioned mounts and I like my Bobro the best. It is the hardest one to mount a scope on due to the screws being on the bottom of the rings but it is very easy to remove and put back on. I have a ADM coming for my new Leupold MK6 35mm scope since I had a $100 gift card from DSG Arms and that is the brand they carry.