Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to modify TecLoader tubes

Montrala

I have two spare TecLoader tubes that I want to use to make one longer. I'm aiming at 5 rounds capacity (it goes in line with local 3Gun rules here). Is cutting and expoxy ok? Or maybe I should use some plastic welding (like on car bumper repairs) or some reinforcement for tube?

I modified a few for a friend of mine. I used PVC tubing and collars. You have to drill the tubing larger than a 12 ga rim, to allow for the tube to collapse slightly when slotting it. I used Loctite Super Bonder 495 which is for plastic, to join everything together. I made them in 6, 7, and 8 round versions for him.

Thanks!

So you used additional tube section in the middle, reinforced with collars. Is that correct?

I made the addition section from PVC tubing. I didn't sacrifice a loader to make a longer one. The collars joined the parts together.

Thanks, it is clear now. I just wanted to make sure.

How about a sketch?

:roflol:

I'd be curious how length was added without sacrificing the tecloader tube. I'm not wrapping my head around this - Sounds like you added a section of PVC using a straight pvc coupler and then added a length of PVC (with the slot for the ram and loading ramp tongue cut into it?) , but I'm not sure how to add a coupler without ruining the tecloader tube. Thanks for any insight.

Heck, that .pdf is way better than a sketch!

OuterLimits, Thanks for taking the time to post that! :bow:

Hope Oregon is treating you well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...