Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kim Rhode Olympian

FUNdamental101

Brian Enos forums congratulates US Olympian Kim Rhode for Medaling in her 5th Olympic Games. Kim stepped atop the medal stand on Sunday as the Gold Medalist in her fifth appearance at the Olympics outshining Mark Spitz, Jesse Owens and Wilma Rudolph in medal performance over multiple games. Kim set the Olympic record in Womens' Skeet Shooting with a 74 in the qualifier and tied the world record with her 99 of 100 in the finals. Kim, we hope to see you again in four years in Rio!

Forum note:

New forum member, FUNdamental101, has been identified as a spammer and the account has been banned. Because several of the members responded in support for one of our Olympians I've fixed the original post and moved it to the proper area.

3quartertime

BE.com staff

Kim Rhode has been a top competitor since she was a teenager. She deserves every medal she has won because she worked her rear end off to get to the point that she at... the best in the World at what she does. Her accomplishments are the result of what has to be 'natural talent'... good coaching... and hard work on her part.

I've shot International skeet in the past, and to shoot a 99x100 under the pressure of Oylimpic competition is an INCREDIBLE feat! She had to have REALLY hit the "Zone" that every competitive shooter strives for, but few achieve... especially under that kind of pressure.

She has the physical and mental skills to be a World Class shooter.... in whatever discipline she chooses. If she ever decides to get into handguns... I think the USPSA/IDPA/ICORE world had better look out!

She's only in her early 30s... at her physical peak. It would be interesting to see where this World Class shooter goes from here.

Edited by GOF

• 4 weeks later...