Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejection or Extraction problems

Mo Zee

I have been having a problem with my STI open gun for the last 3-4 matches ;) .

In every stage I shoot the shell seems to get stuck on its way out of the chamber.

Last night I was at an indoor range, and decided to unload the gun. This is what happened.

HangUp3.jpg

HangUp2.jpg

HangUp1.jpg

Now the same thing happens with an empty shell and it is driving me insane :( .I have read through the other forum posts but cannot seem to find a solution for it.

I have tried the following:

1. Cleaning the gun :)

2. New mag springs

3. Because I have a thumbplate on the safety, I removed it because I thought it could be short stroking it

4. Examined the ejector for any breakages

5. Examined the extractor as well. (It is an Aftec by the way)

6. I have also checked for cracks on the slide and frame but nothing

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

i use a dremel to grind away the c-more a bit around the ejection port just to add additional room for any bobbles of an ejected case,im talking about the side area of the rt, leg of the mount. play with diff. extractor spring setups. polish the face of the aftec where the case rim rides up.make sure its a supercomp aftec and not a regular super aftec.raise or lower the contact point of the ejector to provide a better angle fpr an ejected case. B)

Try an STI extractor. I had the same problem. Tighten (bend) the STI extractor until it holds an empty case in place with the slide off. It should take 2/3 lbs pressure to removed the case by hand towards the ejection port. Worked for me. Old John

Thanks for the replies so far. I will try the suggestions and let you know what happens.

Out of interest sake, I noticed that there is a hair line crack in my firing pin stop. Will this make a difference at all???

Regards

I agree with red ,

The slidestop must be tight in that the exstractor must not turn or clock.

on the other hand the aftec pivots on the stop and must be free to do so to work properly.

i like a stop that is radiused and thined to alow the exstrator to move thru its designed motion. It helps to be able to stop dy the designers shop and talk shop as to the proper instalation of his design. If things persist give Rusty Kid a call at davids gun room in norcross Ga and get the low down on the proper install of the aftec.

Johnnie