Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Optic recommendations

michael1778

I would like to hear from fellow M&P enthusiasts instead of the general Open pistol crowd. I'm shooting Open division in 3-gun with my M&P Pro 9mm 5" barrel. What would you all recommend for a red dot?

• Leupold Deltapoint
  • Burris FastFire III
  • Vortex Raxor Red Dot
  • other?

I appreciate your responses and recommendations.

Thank you,

Mike

I would like to hear from fellow M&P enthusiasts instead of the general Open pistol crowd. I'm shooting Open division in 3-gun with my M&P Pro 9mm 5" barrel. What would you all recommend for a red dot?

• Leupold Deltapoint
  • Burris FastFire III
  • Vortex Raxor Red Dot
  • other?

I appreciate your responses and recommendations.

Thank you,

Mike

While, I've only shot a little with M&P open guns I've shot the Deltapoint and handled the Trijicon RMR on an M&P. I've also shot the Fastfire and cmore sts on other guns. I think the Trijicon is the best choice. I liked the size of the glass on the deltapoint but do not like the triangle and the 3.5 moa dot is too small. I would also look into the Cmore CTS. Haven't seen one in person but looks interesting.

The Fastfire 3 is much better than the earlier versions as it addresses most of the shortcomings. I have one with a SSS slide mount on my M&P. I've also tried a Deltapoint slide mounted on an M&P...it's nice but I also don't care for the triangle.

i just got my dela point back had it melted in, got it for two reasons lifetime warrenty and light wieght because it is on my slide.even with the sight the slide is still lighter than stock. have not fired yet also it is a little bigger than 9 pro. the Vortex will only fit a 1913 rail, ask me how i know. but finally got it on my visa max weaver mount. it does have a nice wide view. it too just came in.

I suggest a RTS or STS from Cmore. They are pricey but they have a door for the battery so every time you change batteries you do not have to rezero you pistol. A friend of mine has one on his Glock and I run one as my seconday sight on my AR. You can take a look at them at Shooters Connection on the forum.

I suggest a RTS or STS from Cmore. They are pricey but they have a door for the battery so every time you change batteries you do not have to rezero you pistol. A friend of mine has one on his Glock and I run one as my seconday sight on my AR. You can take a look at them at Shooters Connection on the forum.

The new fastfire 3 has the battery on top, so you don't have to rezero like you did with the fastfire 2.

The new fastfire 3 has the battery on top, so you don't have to rezero like you did with the fastfire 2.

But the battery cap sucks donkey balls. If you get a 3 call Burris immediately and tell them you need battery caps.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

M1778 i will try to post some pictures tomorrow so you can do some compareing and u may not like the way the delta point looks on the M & P. also if they do (vortex) make or starting other mounts it is big.

this year at the Pro/Am will be my first try at open so i do not know much of anything about it, (open guns). i do believe ones like RMR is very good but it is heavy over a oz. i my thinking is being we must use a slide rider so it should be light.

by my scale the factory M & P Pro 9mm is 13.52 oz's, mine with the Delta point is 12.63 ozs.

you may wish to also look at the JP they make lots of extra's for it, like a rain cover. but only a one year warranty. all the open shooters i know not to use a slide rider, but oh well.

the one now sold under the EOTech name is very light and is supposely very tuff.

on a side note opitic's planet had or is stilling having a 20% off sale but you have to call and ask for it, i got the Vortex Razer for $385 with that sale. they would not give me the 20% on Detla point.

larue, but not for pistol also has one fully armoured for the 1913.

But the battery cap sucks donkey balls. If you get a 3 call Burris immediately and tell them you need battery caps.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think much of it except that it can ding up easily. I just wrap some electrical tape on the tip of my screwdriver. I suppose it's the price we pay to get it lightweight.

i asked Julie about that and she says the frame needs to be able to flex, or you could have gun that will not run 100%. does anyone have a SJC that knows for sure?

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

Is that a Versa Max with an Arredondo chute there?

The Deltapoint window looks lower to the receiver than the Vortex Razor Red Dot, true?

Who did your M&P slide milling work for the Deltapoint?

Nice setup you have there.:cheers:

springer, the local guy was afraid to try. and yes like i said the Vortex is big.

there will be pictures on the Versa Max later this week in the shotgun area, it a M2 speed chute on a versa max with a Messa tactical pistol stock. and a M2 bolt handle carrier release button.

and thank you, my open gun is stil in pieces waitung part so i put the slide on my Limited gun for the pictures.

Edited by RWF

Nice looking M&P with the DP. Was there a reason why it wasn't milled so the back would be flush with the gun?

i did not ask, because i believe its because i wanted it screwed directed to the slide, with battery useing the slide to complete the circuit and the location of the safety plunger.

if you used the dove tail mount the screws would be there. (in the dove tail)