Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idiots that shoot up a theater full of people!

Smitty4313

I’ve given this a whole lot of thought since I was woken from my sleep by a family member asking me if there was any chance my daughters could have been at the movie in Aurora the night of the shooting. It’s great that gun sales are at all time record highs. Its great there are more CCW permit holders that at any other time in history. But it’s all for naught if people are not skilled, proficient and comfortable with their shooting skills.

I think it’s high time we put the whole USPSA/IDPA/SASS/3-Gun whose better, who’s more realistic argument aside. I am throwing out a challenge to every competitive shooter out there regardless of your skill level, regardless of you discipline preference, encourage every gun owner you encounter to invest some time in one of the shooting sports. Introduce them to your sport, go with them to check out the other shooting sports. The thing of it is just get them out shooting on as regular of a basis as you can to help them develop and retain their new skills.

Not trying to start a political debate to this, but I doubt they will try to start any kind of new version of the AWB so close to an election / re-election. Those are dangerous words in any election year, but this may be the worst time to try that, with the recent passage of the Health Care Bill.

But I certainly do agree with you all on the fact that this POS should be tried and hung TOMORROW. Why wait? He did it .... he surrendered .... what else do we need to know? You want due process? Take him to court. Let him plead NOT-GUILTY, and I only pray that a judge would be smart enough to say BULL-SH$T. Open and shut case. NEXT! :)

Dude should be executed. Tomorrow. No way does a person that could do that deserve to breathe another day.... Crazy, broken, druggy, whatever he is. Express pass straight to Ol' Sparky.

Ol Sparky costs the taxpayers too much. One 9mm through the eyeball, and the State can sell this murderer's couch on Craigslist to pay for the cartridge. Heck, they should seize all his assets to help defray the hospital bills of the victims.

Condolences to all the families.

Dude should be executed. Tomorrow. No way does a person that could do that deserve to breathe another day.... Crazy, broken, druggy, whatever he is. Express pass straight to Ol' Sparky.

Ol Sparky costs the taxpayers too much. One 9mm through the eyeball, and the State can sell this murderer's couch on Craigslist to pay for the cartridge. Heck, they should seize all his assets to help defray the hospital bills of the victims.

Condolences to all the families.

The death penalty has no teeth because we have shuttered it away from view. Let's start a new trend with this gun, let's go back to public executions. While we are at it let's follow and eye for an eye, assemble a firing squad of the victims and their families and use his guns to do it. That should cut the costs down a bit. If we really want to control the cost on this mess as soon as he is found guilty, fast track his appeal straight to the Supreme Court and go from gavel to bullets in about a week.

My wife always asks me why I carry. We're only going out to dinner, or out for drive, or out to a movie. Question sadly answered 7/20/2012 at 12:38 AM in Aurora, Colorado. May God bring peace and consolation to the living and His wrath to the shooter.

It sickens me to think what the families of the victims are going through. I also wonder if this would've happened at all if there were open carry laws available to the citizens. The lunatic shooter obviously scoped out the location, would he have acted if he'd seen people walking in with sidearms on their hips? Nothing will stop a truly suicidal individual but for most, certain death is quite a motivator.

I don't go anywhere without my gun except places prohibited by law, and that f{:content:}amp;ker would have made one hell of an Alpha.

Colorado actually has pretty great open carry laws. Anybody (who can possess a handgun in the first place) can open carry. You need a permit (issued by the county sheriff) to conceal a handgun on your person. However, private properties may of course post and enforce restrictions, and many movie theaters here do just that.

Side note: membership-in-good-standing in a national shooting sport replaces the state's training requirement, which was convenient.

All that said, I too would like to add my +1 to sympathy for the victims. I hope justice will come swiftly and surely, and that the survivors and families of the victims are able to find some small comfort, or at least closure, from it.

The whole city of Aurora is a no carry zone,whether you have a ccw or not and so is the theater. Even if someone brought down the shooter they would be committing a felony for carry,for discharging a firearm inside the city limits, could possibly hit a bystander in the chaos and would stand a good chance of getting shot by the cops when they finally show up and everyone points at the guy standing there with pistol in his hand. Sadly this is a hayday for the anti's and the gov't drones pushing the U.N. treaty,high cap,semi-auto & scary looking rifle ban. Check the violent crime stats. since the U.K. & Australia disarmed their citizens over similar events. Frightened people don't vote with their brains in gear.