Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-ambi CZ75 safety replacement

IuniusBrutus

I have a standard CZ75B with a non-ambi safety that I would like to swap out. I see CZ-Custom makes a $75 piece which is quite nice, but larger than I need and far more expensive. Which of the other safeties can I make work? I like the stock Shadow/75SA safeties, can I grab one of them and cut the end off so that it sits flush with the frame? If so, do I need a "D" style or tumbler style safety?

I have a standard CZ75B with a non-ambi safety that I would like to swap out. I see CZ-Custom makes a $75 piece which is quite nice, but larger than I need and far more expensive. Which of the other safeties can I make work? I like the stock Shadow/75SA safeties, can I grab one of them and cut the end off so that it sits flush with the frame? If so, do I need a "D" style or tumbler style safety?

Yes, you can order the paddle safety and cutoff the excess. I have done this to my pistol and it works great.

Jason :ph34r:

D-Style.

that part has a shaft that goes all the way through the frame. It will have a small amount that sticks out the RHS and you can trim if you want to make it flush

I know this is crude, but it works great still after 7k rounds or so. I cut a slot in the stock 75b safety with a Dremmel cut-off wheel and trimmed a washer to fit and epoxied it into the safety. This was just an experiment to see what I really needed and it worked so well I just stuck with it. No interference with the holster and just enough extra wing to allow me to get to it. I have converted this gun to SAO so I use the safety a bunch.

i-4gGSvq8-L.jpg

Joe

Edited by Joe L