Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P14 45 mag capacity

JDMarshall

I'm only getting 13 rds loaded in without really cramming and I mean leaving a small dent in the top of 13 when I try and squeeze 14 in. These are relatively new 4 mags with about 1000 rds run through. I leave em loaded with 13 hoping the spring will settle. Any experience with this situation? I've got a maglula loader to help somewhat but I'm a little concerned there is so much force on the number 14 round and mag lips with 14 that I'll have loading issues or feed problems.

Para P14-45 magazine with the flat factory base pad will only hold 13 rounds. Para defines P14 magazine as 13 + 1 = P14.

Put a Dawson pad on the same magazine and you will get 16 rounds in the magazine. With a Dawson base pad you will also have to get longer magazine spring. I get 170mm length springs and trim as needed.

One of my open guns started life as a P-14. The Canadian high capacity flat wall tubes would hold 14 rounds with the factory flat basepads. I seem to recall that the mags would hold 16 rounds with the Arredondo basepads and a tight 18 with the now unavailable Grams pads. This was before Dawson had introduced their Para pads.

Later,

Chuck

PS: I took a look at an old catalog that I had and they listed the capacity for the P-14 as 14+1.

1342984152[/url]' post='1747414']

One of my open guns started life as a P-14. The Canadian high capacity flat wall tubes would hold 14 rounds with the factory flat basepads. I seem to recall that the mags would hold 16 rounds with the Arredondo basepads and a tight 18 with the now unavailable Grams pads. This was before Dawson had introduced their Para pads.

Later,

Chuck

PS: I took a look at an old catalog that I had and they listed the capacity for the P-14 as 14+1.

Yep everything I have on paper says 14+1 as in 14 in the mag and one in the pipe. Hence my original curiosity in only able to load 13 in the mag.

Yes, there are several generations of Para magazines, no idea of how many.

I have a new Para frame in the original box and the box is marked 13+1. The 2 magazines in the box will only hold 13 rounds and have original flat Para sheet metal pads installed.