Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Parts

Retread1911

Hammer and sear is run of the mill 1911 unless you have series 80 safety parts.

If you do have series 80 parts, you have the option of replacing the safety parts with a shim (forgot who made those a one point) or leave the parts in.

Trigger is definetly Para specific.

If you do have series 80 parts, you have the option of replacing the safety parts with a shim (forgot who made those a one point) or leave the parts in.

This is the part you want to eliminate the Series 80 stuff: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13121/Product/TJ-S-1911-SERIES-80-TO-SERIES-70-CONVERSION-SHIMS

In addition to what everybody else said, be advised that the slot for the sear spring is a bit lower on the para frame than the typical 1911 so any replacement could be a bit too short.

Later,

Chuck

This is the part you want to eliminate the Series 80 stuff: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13121/Product/TJ-S-1911-SERIES-80-TO-SERIES-70-CONVERSION-SHIMS

In addition to what everybody else said, be advised that the slot for the sear spring is a bit lower on the para frame than the typical 1911 so any replacement could be a bit too short.

Later,

Chuck

Series 80 parts have been removed and the shim did come from brownells. I Removed them when I installed the trigger adjustment set screw pictured below.

http://retread1911.shutterfly.com/pictures/48

I attempted for fit a couple. Hammers and sears I had from some STI take outs that didn't seem to fit. Thus the questions.

Any leads on a new trigger?

The sides of the sear and hammer may need to be stoned a bit to fit.

That set screw to adjust pre-travel is interesting. Triggers these days have a small tab you can bend out to minimize pre-travel.

I might have to borrow that idea.

You are welcome to it. I was discussing those very triggers with in of my smiths when we realized new triggers were hard to come by we out in the pre travel set screw. The trigger is much improved with it to be sure

I used a 6x32 set screw to match the over travel set screw and it is too big. If I were to do it again I would likely use a 4x40 There is no real pressure on the set screw but the tighter thread is better for adjustment and let's face it. After it is set there is no real need to adjust it.

Retread

It's an ugly trigger, but I like the feel. The face of the shoe is nice and rounded.

Remember that it's oversize, and the shoe is magnesium. Material comes off FAST with a bastard file when you're fitting it. ;)

post-8629-134275768983_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...