Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The family that reloads together...

nanopistol

Then an awesome thing happened this weekend: my wife asked me if she could help with my most recent batch of .223! And it turns out she's better at it than I am!

Have you figured out yet why she was feeling guilty? Might want to check your CC statement :surprise:

Then an awesome thing happened this weekend: my wife asked me if she could help with my most recent batch of .223! And it turns out she's better at it than I am!

Have you figured out yet why she was feeling guilty? Might want to check your CC statement :surprise:

I must have not read where she was feeling guilty. Is it in this thread?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

OK, I checked the CC and we're safe...whew! :D

but she did sweet talk me out of a new scope purchase while we were reloading recently...I think she has this subversive control thing down better than me...

The girls are still young enough that it's fun to do whatever Dad is doing. (I expect that may change before they become teenagers). The 2-year-old likes to case gauge the ammo.

photo-3.jpg

And for some reason, loading seems to go slower when I'm using the automatic-bullet-feeder attachment.

2011-11-13_16-56-00_119.jpg

The girls are still young enough that it's fun to do whatever Dad is doing. (I expect that may change before they become teenagers). The 2-year-old likes to case gauge the ammo.

photo-3.jpg

And for some reason, loading seems to go slower when I'm using the automatic-bullet-feeder attachment.

2011-11-13_16-56-00_119.jpg

Garrett,

You have a great looking, actually beautiful, loading team there. I'm jealous.

• 9 months later...

after range trips, my wife helps me sort brass, take care of things and on occasion help me clean the guns. When I am reloading, she helps prep the cases, fill primer tubes, get bullets, gauge rounds, and put the new ammo in boxes.

this is about what i get.......but they sure wll shoot it up!

The wife used to load when we had a 550 but is a little intemidated by the LNL with the case and bullet feeder on it. She is an excellent bullet caster however, much better than I. If we cast she fills the molds and I open them and hand them back. If I am loading ammo she will box it up. It is nice quality time togther. I even put a old recliner in the reloading room so she can read on her Kendel thing if there is no ammo to box.

Too early to tell just yet, but I feel my wife will help. The kids are grown, gone, and two of three have kids of their own. I have been reloading at a friend's house on his machine, but we just got my 550b in recently and getting the shed that will become the reloading shed set up. She has worked very hard along side of me getting it ready (almost finished). She loves to shoot, has her concealed carry as well, and has already been very helpful in picking up and sorting brass, helping out with the cleaning and packaging of brass, as well as putting her 9mm reloads through the case gage, and the boxing of reloaded ammo.

Back when we were kids, my brother and I would team up on one reloader. He was the autodrive and case feed and I was the bullet feed, had 4 eyes on everything and could load over 1000 an hour and he only mashed my fingers twice.

These days I have made my reloading process as hands free as possable. My brass sorter will out pace a family of five and no one has to get their hands dirty.

^^^This.

My brother put a decapping pin through my fingernail. After some wailing and a band aid we were back at it.

Yeah, the second time was with an agreement that "next time" I was going to be the handle puller.

I have and up and comming reloader but at this point all she does is watch the machine load through the door and wait until she gets to box them up after passing the case gauge. We all have to start somewhere.

IMG_20130718_135216_122_zpsdead8f17.jpg

IMG_20130719_163215_134_zpsb41f36d0.jpg

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has the little guys helping! My 3yr old likes to box. It's really cute to watch her stick completed rounds in the calipers (she has no idea how to read it) and tell me "that looks pretty good Dad..."

• 1 month later...

BEFORE the press arrived, the wife was all over "Absolutely I'm going to help! You load yours, I'll load mine." The we got the press installed and running, and she took a shot at her first batch. NOW it's "You seem to enjoy the technical aspects of loading, and I wouldn't want to deprive you of that, so if you want to do mine, too, I don't have a problem with it".

I knew it was too good to be true....