Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IMI "Baby Eagle" Magazine Follower

A friend bought some aftermarket magazines for his wife's IMI Baby Eagle in .40 SW. The followers on these magazines are junk. Does anyone know of a vendor who carries magazine parts for these magazines?

I have been told that CZ parts are .... compatible. Does anyone have any experience that can prove or disprove this?

Thanks for your help!

James

Let me get this straight: you want aftermarket followers for an aftermarket magazine? You didn't say which, but it's probably a ProMag or USA magazine.

I've had success replacing the guts of an aftermarket mag (ProMag?) with Tanfoglio/EAA and Wolff parts. Tanfoglio (EAA, Baby Eagle) 9mm followers and springs are interchangeable with .40 S&W. But IIRC, the follower wouldn't work in the aftermarket mag body.

Erik,

I am helping him look for either Competition-ready aftermarket or factory guts to replace the junk ones. In some of the aftermarket standard capacity magazines he replaced the follower with the ones from the factory restricted capacity magazines, and they now work like a charm. If you pull the followers and compare them, the differences are very noticable.

Actually looking at where he bought the magazines, the vendor lists them as Factory EEA built.

The follower does not sit up as high as the factory restricted capacity one does, and the lock-open notch on the follower is non-existent.

Basically I am just looking for "good" quality parts to help him get these magazines running reliably so his wife can start shooting with him. At least until Sept when hopefully factory standard capacity magazines will become available once again.

James

Got pictures? There are several forum members who can identify the magazine parts by sight. Some people even claim to tell the difference between black and orange Tanfoglio followers. :)

I would recommend buying factory full-capacity magazines, but they are rarer and more expensive in .40 S&W. You can get 9mm mags and pry open the feed lips if you are adventurous.