Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules for Stippling vs. Sandpaper

Trident

The way it was explained to me is that stippling is a permanent change while grip tape can be removed to bring the gun back to it's original state.

And so does replacing the grip back, strap and in some guns, the side inserts bring the gun back to original state. I still can't figure out what that returning the gun to its original state has to do with defensive or practical shooting? To me, proper grip, in all conditions, is a safety issue.

Anyone???

you can stipple all you want in ESP..

you can stipple only removeable back straps on SSP guns and change out grips..

go bang your head against the wall for 15mins to help further your questions as to why,whatfor,how come,why,why not... if it's in the rulebook then its part of the rules..

No I didn't see it that way at all. I'm new, and thinking of doing IDPA but not if I have to have multiple guns for production and than SSP and can't even use my standard carry gun with features that are necessary for it's safe intention of usage. Sand paper is well...... sandpaper and IMHO doesn't belong on a weapon, maybe a play or game gun, and if anything should not be allowed.

So based on your directive I can stipple the back strap on an MP and stipple and/or replace the removable back strap and removable side panels on an HK P30 and HK45 correct?

Edited by Trident

Just shoot in ESP, stipple the hell out of your gun so you're safe, and stop bitching.

Yes, the stuff you mentioned in your last sentence would be legal in all of the IDPA auto divisions.

Edited by Steve Koski

Just shoot in ESP, stipple the hell out of your gun so you're safe, and stop bitching.

Steve,

I wasn't "bitching" so quit embarrassing yourself by displaying your integrity for all to enjoy.

If you would like to further discuss PM me.

NSWT3

Edited by Trident

It sounds like bitching.

My apologies. I guess I could see how IDPA Safety Officer may have a thin skin towards matters like this as your probably used to it huh? But frankly.... it matters little to me. I was just curious.

BTW, do you like Alpine UT? I have friends and team mates in SLC. Can you still be reached on your 8271 number if I have further IDPA rules questions?

Edited by Trident

If you check the scores from past major matches you'll see that there's usually very little difference between ESP and SSP scores. If you're only shooting club matches it doesn't matter anyway, because most people will lump the 11 round divisions together when they're comparing their scores to everyone else.