Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wisdom Teeth

walangkatapat

I had my wisdom teeth taken out while I was home one summer from college. They were really hurting, so out they went. Was on codine for about a day, IIRC. Had to have mom read me the wsj in the recovery room, as I was a bit loopy from the gas, but no problems. I think that most people have them taken out when they are in their mid to late teens.

All four at once(all impacted) and I was sorta awake for all of them. When all the meds wore off I was in horrible pain. Took one pain med that looked like a big red horse pill. After that I was up and running the next day. It wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. THe crunching of breaking teeth was the worst part. :wacko: TXAG

How long have you been on the Penicillin? That should have taken care of the worse of the pain in about 3 days...

Wow! You know your meds. :P I started taking the meds Friday around noon and now the tooth and pain in my jaw have finally lessened. The swelling has gone down around the jaw and is just sore. The tooth has more of a light sharp constant reminder that, hey! when are you going to get rid of me feeling, but still much better than it was.

Do not let a general dentist remove lower wisdom teeth, especially impacted ones. :o Have an oral surgeon do it. And, no, I'm not an oral surgeon. :D

I'm waiting for the oral surgeon, but have to wait until the tenth of this month. The dentist that was there at the time didn't want anything to do with me, because of the swelling.

All four at once(all impacted) and I was sorta awake for all of them. When all the meds wore off I was in horrible pain. Took one pain med that looked like a big red horse pill. After that I was up and running the next day. It wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. THe crunching of breaking teeth was the worst part. :wacko: TXAG

Good thing I only have three wisdom teeth and only the one hurts. Do you think they'll pull all of them out?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't feel bad. When it comes to dental work, I change from being a mild-mannered reporter into ...............

CHICKEN MAN

-:but my dentist is soooooo cool. As soon as I sit in the chair, he gives me:

1. The Gas (they should sell nitrous oxide at the 7-11);

2. A dental assistant with er, um, ah, "Big Hands" to lean forward and distract me, while the dentist gives me a bunch of injections;

3. Headphones with Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong doing their thing (so I can't hear him when he says "Bubba, we're goin' in");

4. An airline eye cover over my eyes, (so I can't see him when he comes at me with what looks like a drill bit he stole from Texaco);

The only pain I feel is when I have to pay the bill but, hey, I will pay any price for painless dental work. In fact, my dentist is such a cool guy, he asked for my opinion about the colour of his new BMW, probably because I paid for most of it ......... (I recommended Midnight Blue)

:blink:

I hate BMW's <_<

My wife's gyna. bought a new Merc M Class after the birth of our 2 month prem. daughter (she's seven months now... :P ) with the bill....was worth every cent, but still hurts...

The medical profession makes to much money while still "practising" and they burry their "mistakes", but who can live without them... :)