Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advanced Performance Shooting

davidwiz

I sent my SV grip to APS for Jim to do his undercutting and stippling. But, I had an additonal request, that I wasn't sure he could accomidate. Since my fingers are so freakin' long, I wanted the right side of the grip above the grip bushing built up so that it would push my finger out, giving me a better trigger finger placement. Jim said sure, no problem. He spent about 20 minutes or so on the phone with me, discussing what I was looking for. I sent him drawings of what I thought it might look like. Jim was able to turn my grip around in a week, and, didn't charge extra for the extra work, despite my offering to pay more. He did a really good job.

About 3 weeks ago, I asked Jim if he could do something similar on a AR grip. Sure, no problem was the reply. "Tape up the grip how you would like it, and send it in." So, I spent about an hour taping up my AR grip, so that it fit my hand the way I liked and pushed my triggr finger out enough so that I could place it on the trigger the way I wanted it. Jim built up my AR grip and stippled it and turned it around in a week.

I can't sing his praises enough. Not only great customer service, but excellent work and a fast turnaround. If you need your grip painted, cut, stippled and/or built up, Jim Shanahan can do it. I'll post some pictures of my grips, so you can see what an excellent job that he did.

-David

• 1 month later...

I thanked everyone on another post in the forum for all of the good words.... Thanks is in order here as well!

Big hands... small hands.... or unique issues with otherwise regular hands... are no problem. Even repairing minor mistakes from the "do-it-yourselfers" that got a little carried away, are usually no big deal.

Fast turn around and real customer service are two things we really pride ourselves in.

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

Another thumbs up for Jim Shanahan. Ordered a new set of stippled grips early last week and it arrived on Saturday.

For months -- off and on -- I had been playing with getting my STI grip smaller to fit my hand (short index finger). I kept on thinning until I finally went too far. I don't know how Jim does it, but he shaped an agressive grip that is smaller than anything I came up with. Magic.