Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Round Magnets for Moonclip Holder

AultGM

I have crafted my own design of Moonclip Holder (since I am an old-fat-guy) and I want to buy a dozen or so of those

Round Magnets with the counter-sunk hole to complete my rig. I have seen several "home-made" versions of the

currently available models, and wanted to make my own. I will not be marketing them.

Anyone know where to buy those magnets ? ... Thanks, Howard

www.kjmagnets.com is where I bought the magnets for my moonclip holder. Go to the neodymium ring magnets section and there are lots of sizes and thicknesses, pre-drilled and counter sunk for screws.

What size magnet would work for both a 627 (.38 special) and a 625 (.45) or are they so dissimilar that completely different holders must be used?

From What I can remember, the six shot moonclips will take a small post and magnet and the 8 shot will require a slightly larger post and magnet. It was discussed on one of the topics a couple of years ago. I can't find my calipers or I would meassure them for you. later rdd

Found a topic about the 6 shot moonclip here the 6 shot takes a 5/8 inch post and mag the 8 shot may be 3/4 inch. trying to remember ain't fun

Edited by Bubber